Scarce Toilet Paper

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yard Dart, May 17, 2013.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Venezuelans scrambling to find scarce toilet paper - Yahoo! News

Shortages and long lines for TP and such are things we to be ready for in our preparation's. This made me think about what toiletries items, medicine, and assorted related items I have in my prep's, what I need and how long they will last. I have more work to do in this area for sure and thought I would ask- how others are addressing this area?

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Get the consumable non perishable stuff in bulk. As in case lots. Check with @Catullus for TP and other useful and needed basics. Likewise, there is long storage life foods @JCRefuge. Both are worth some closet space.

Catullus likes this.
  3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I stock up a decent supply, but only enough for about 2 months. I figure, there's no acceptable reason to store an expendable product. Besides, I have experience using the water bottle flush technique...it's not as pretty, but it works every time. In the field, I use common sense --nobody can carry unlimited TP with them. Wiping with leaves is not always a viable solution. That's why I keep a simple water bottle on hand. Easy.

franks71vw likes this.
  4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

We just need to send Sheryl Crow, down there to teach them how to use "Just One Sheet" per visit.... That will solve there supply issue, Post Hast.... Hey if it is Good enough for our Celebrities, It is good enough for the Venezuelans.... Right?

William Antrum and Yard Dart like this.
  5. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

Reminds of the old joke about a bear pooping in the woods. And he looks down and a rabbit is there doing the same. Bear asks, "Hey, do you have trouble with your poop sticking to your fur too?" Rabbit replys, "Yeah, sticks all the time!" The bear grabs the rabbit and says, "Oh, good!" and proceeds to wipe with him.

And you look for a rabbit!

Just thinkin...
    AT

William Antrum likes this.
  6. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Hey Cattlus can we ship a load down there?

Catullus likes this.
  7. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

I had about a year's supply in the garage until the rent-a-kid arrived. Apparently the princess requires half a roll to wipe her bum. I have unstopped that toilet more times.... :mad:

The minute she's gone (15 days 5 hours, 34 minutes) I'm buying another year's supply. Til then I'm stuck buying a 12 pack about every five days.

STANGF150 likes this.
  8. BLKFJDC

BLKFJDC Monkey

I have heard you reference "rent a kid" a few times! Explain!

9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Foreign Exchange Student for the School Year..... Rent-a-Kid

10. BLKFJDC

BLKFJDC Monkey

Ah ok. Thats very brave! I could never do that!

11. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

eHow.com has instructions on how to make your own toilet paper, and I printed it and put it in my homesteading binder. One of the ingredients was cotton, and the cotton seeds I got this year, the ones I planted are starting to sprout. Waiting to see if this will be a successful experiment. Less work than raising sheep for wool. Also have linen flax seeds. But I was told that spinning flax is hardcore, and it's best to start with other materials(wool for example) until you get really good at it.

12. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

Bearpoo.

VisuTrac, Yard Dart and ditch witch like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7