Risk and Home Insurance, any Monkeys out there with HOMESITE Ins?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HK_User, Aug 22, 2018.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

For years I went total risk,I could not find a Co. that recognized my structure's design and and safety.
    I had liability for Ag risk and min coverage on structures, age happens and you realize you have too much at stake and will never be able to rebuild as you did the first time.

From a reference source I filled out the online policy and was surprised! Here was the first Company to recognize the fire and storm resistance of what we built.

Yes there is NO local Rep and reviews do warn of a need for a self driven policy holder, fits me to a T so unless some Monkey has a horror story about a claim I will purchase form Homesite, BTW as most I hate dealing with Ins Purchase.

Homesite beats my current insured cost by 50%. We have a Hail resistant and fire resistant home.

Review follows.

Homesite Home Insurance Review: Cheap Rates, Bad Customer Reviews
    Some of the best rates for home insurance if you can deal with the bad customer service.
    Good for

• Someone who wants home insurance coverage over $150,000
    • Anyone who prefers to handle claims and bills online
    Bad for

• Homeowners who want an in-person agent to speak with
    • Anyone searching for an insurance company with great customer support
    • Someone who is looking for an insurance company with a lot of discounts
    Editor's Rating

3.5/5.0

Find the Cheapest Insurance Quotes in Your Area

Insurance Type
    Zip Code
    Currently Insured?

Homesite is a competitively priced home insurance company that has few additional coverage options and discounts. While Homesite’s offerings are what we consider to be the bare minimum, the low rates it offers homeowners could make it a great insurance company for those looking for the best prices. In other words, customers who place an emphasis on value will find Homesite to be an excellent choice for home insurance.

Homesite: Great for the Basics, But That’s About It
    Homesite doesn’t have the widest variety of coverage options and discounts, but it offers some of the most affordable home insurance rates for a wide range of coverage limits. Annual home insurance rates from Homesite are consistently less expensive than three of its competitors: State Farm, Allstate and Nationwide.

[​IMG]
    However, in exchange for Homesite’s low rates, you’ll be putting yourself at risk of a poor customer service experience should you ever file a claim. Homesite is a direct insurance company, meaning that you won’t have the ability to speak to an agent in-person. In addition, Homesite’s customer reviews often cite a slow and unresponsive claims process. The negative reviews—particularly in regards to the claims process—match J.D. Power’s findings in its study.

If you have a Progressive home insurance policy, you’re likely insured through Homesite without realizing it. Progressive provides home insurance through Homesite, which means that if you need to file a claim, you’ll be dealing with Homesite’s claims process.

Bottom Line: Homesite is one of the best home insurance companies in terms of cost, but it lacks the discounts and optional coverages to make it a great insurance company. Ultimately, Homesite is a great option for value-oriented customers who are looking for the cheapest option—for instance anyone who needs home insurance for a mortgage, but not those looking for a company with the best customer service reviews.

Mountainman likes this.
  2. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I am going to change my car and home insurance this November as current costs (Farmers Ins.) are just too high and will add them to my list. I actually didn't carry home insurance the first few years back but a close by forest fire changed my mind rather quickly.

Gator 45/70, sec_monkey and HK_User like this.
  3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Have a squint at USAA. (They no longer serve only vets.) Saved me several hundred over Progressive.

4. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Thanks,

USAA does not recognize my home type nor do they list concrete roof or concrete walls, both of which add a discount on the Homesite Ins.

Surprising to me HS ask about some style amenities in design that lowered my cost. I assume that those items are proven assets that indicate a design and the owner's care in their home. Maybe Not.

Those being Cathedral ceiling and crown moldings.

Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  5. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Yes, I heard they are quite good. I have a buddy that swears by them. He's ex-military but so am I. I will definitely give them a 'squint.'

6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

We had a post kind of like this a year or 2 back. Insurance didn't want to cover some ones bug out location.
    Insurance companies only want to insure stuff that pretty much looks like everyone elses stuff.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7