Reports that a Chinese nuclear submarine suffered an “accident” **Unconfirmed**

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stg58, Aug 24, 2023.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Many reports all “unconfirmed”.

“unconfirmed”
    Reports that a Chinese Navy (PLAN) submarine, apparently a nuclear powered Type-093 Shang Class boat, has suffered a serious accident in the vicinity of the Taiwan Strait, H I Sutton a renowned and reputed expert on surface and sub-surface vessels reported on his Twitter (X) handle.
    Massive: Chinese Nuclear Submarine Suffers Serious Accident, Report of All Crew Members Perishing In The Incident - Defence News

3M-TA3, mysterymet, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  2. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

This is more then just "Rumors" as there have been "detections" of unexplained underwater noises associated with a Sub suffering an "accident" whilst submerged and underway!

mysterymet, jim2, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  4. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Sorry to hear of the loss of life, but I find the location interesting. Was it sunk? Will they say it was sunk as a precursor to war?

jim2 likes this.
  5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

That's at least 3 waring signs.
    1 it's Chinese
    2 nuclear, to commies "nuclear safety" is optional.
    3 sub, as it's usually under water and it might go down and never come back up.

crowdaddy, jim2, Ura-Ki and 1 other person like this.
  6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Our Naval Forces will have known about this minutes after the disaster, likely as the Chicom Sub was very likely being tailed by one of our Hunter/Killer Attack Subs that regularly patrol the Taiwan Straights..

7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

China has the same issues as Russia, they are basically identical copies of each other. Both believe their boats are quiet, they most certainly are NOT, so tracking them is almost child's play, a first year sonar tech fresh out of Cal-Polly could track one of those boats, so our naval forces will know in real time if this happened! That it's been kept real quiet is disturbing, likely the U.S. ether offered to assist, as required by international maritime law or they turned and ran to protect their presence in those waters. That China has kept quiet could be them embarrassed about the incident, or more likely so we don't think they are the paper tiger the world thinks they are!

Keep in mind, China may have a YUGE naval force, but they lack experience operating such a force, and they lack the training and time required to be a safe and effective force, so things like this should be expected as the learn and grow!

3M-TA3, jim2, natshare and 2 others like this.
  8. Capt. Tyree

Capt. Tyree Hawkeye

I would hazard a guess that US forces already know what caused the "accident". Also, it's not completely beyond the realm of possibility that we had a hand in causing the "accident," though that would be an amazing show of ballsy brinkmanship that I don't think the current administration has.

SB21, jim2, CraftyMofo and 1 other person like this.
  9. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

The ChiComs are terrific at stealing secrets and copy-catting other's designs....but they typically do so with shortcuts. Either due to cost, or because they don't have ALL the technical info required to do it right.
    The US Navy lost the USS Thresher in 1963, and learned some VERY valuable lessons, in how to keep the water OUT of the people space! The SUBSAFE program was born of that loss, and has been VERY successful, over the past 6 decades. If I had to hazard a guess as to why the ChiComs would lose a boat, it would likely be something having to do with uncontrolled flooding, into the people space. NOT something I would wish on anyone!

10. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

11. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

With 1.4 Billion Chinese, a few lost on a submarine doesn't even amount to scraps. Why would they care?

Zimmy and Tempstar like this.
  12. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Finally, the Chinese admit that they have lost a submarine with all hands! It seems that they were attempting to set a trap for a western sub and got caught themselves. Karma's a bitch!

13. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Not all hands, but about half the crew from lack of oxygen.

14. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Bless those brave sailors in there watery graves.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7