Repairs on the Rhi

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BTPost, Oct 29, 2018.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

While we were down in the FlatLands, the Alternate Watchman had an issue with the Rhino’s Fuel System... It wouldn’t start or run one morning... No fuel getting to the Carb... He called me, and I explaned. that it has an Electric Fuel Pump located under the Passenger Seat, and he should hear the Fuel Pump “Rattling” when the Key is in the Run position... and there was a Fuel Filter AFTER the Fuel Pump, but before the Carb... So he swapped out the Fuel Pump & Filter and it seemed to be fixed... When We got home, I went to drive the Rig, it ran for a while, and then started missing and would die... but would start right back up... So, today. I swapped out the new Fuel Pump, for the Old Pump and changed out the Filter again... The Rhino now runs with no issues... We took a ride up to the new Place as a Test Run... What I suspect is, that the new Pump has a different Pressure than the Old Pump, and it couldn’t supply enough Gas to the engine.. The last thing I need to do is readjust the Idle on the engine, as it is to fast and doesn’t allow the forward/reverse gear to be changed in position.. untill the engine is. shut down..

Had a good look around the new Place... Very nice setup, and with a few additions this next spring, like installing a tower for the Antennas, so that they are above the. treetops... It will hold a VHF/UHF for the Kenwood TM-D710GA... A Dipole cut for 3930Khz for the Kenwood TS-480SAT HF Radio... A 12dbi Panel Antenna for the 4G LTE Cellular Booster Amp, and a 500ft Longwire Antenna, just because....

Motomom34, Dunerunner, duane and 6 others like this.
  2. BTPost

08955925-2CE0-45DB-8D9A-8B4B2F5915EE.

Taking down the For Sale Sign

977DE22A-FBD7-4431-8180-CBB388D5B85E.

AlaskaChick moving the Sign into the trash...

3. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

Well done, sir!

4. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

yep yep [chopper] [chopper]

Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  5. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

I would like to lease that for a month next July,cost?

6. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

I must have missed something somewhere along the way. You guys just buy a new property?

7. BTPost

@Asia-Off-Grid We did, what is essentially a "Land Swap"... We sold our Beach Cabin on 5 acres, and our 5 acre UpLand Lot for this place... We have a deal with the original Owners that allows them to still come North every Summer, and use the Lower Cabin, just like they always have, and Debbie will be moving into the Upper Cabin in the spring... This allows them to still be around, and teach us how to open up the place, operate the equipment, do the required Maintenance, and close the place down for winter, while they get the cash to pay off their Aridzonia Home, and be Debt Free... The neighbor of our Beach Cabin provided the Cash to make this all happen, and he gets four Beach Lots, (He already owned the Lots on both sides of our Lot) and has already sold the Upland Lot, to another long time Resident, where he carries the Contract... We had NO Out of Pocket Expenses doing the deal, which means we still are Debt Free, and get this place "Lock Stock & Barrel"

8. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Great job! Congratulations! I'm glad you made out so well, sir. And I hope you have many many years to enjoy it.

9. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

BTPost,you never said what the rental cost for the month of July,

10. BTPost

If you have to “Ask” You can’t afford it..... We are NOT in that business to date, and until the Original Owners are to old to enjoy the place, we don’t have the room....

11. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

We can sleep on the couch...

Rancher

Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  12. BTPost

No couch in the upper Cabin... The lower Cabin will be occupied...

13. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

I don’t blame you ,I would like the being along in gods country too.

14. BTPost

Give us a year or two, and maybe a visit can be arranged...

15. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

It better not rain while I’m there,I would drown walking around with my mouth open. I’ll bet your country would take your breath away. I’ve always wanted to drive up and I’m from Louisiana. How many hrs does take to drive thru Canada?

16. sec_monkey

@oldman11 it is a 64-66 hour drive from Louisiana to Juneau, Alaska [ through Canada ] then ya have to get on a boat, or bush plane or somethin to hop on over to see @alaskachick plus @BTPost [biggrouphug] [biggrouphug]

in fact it might be closer to 70-72 plus hours

by plane it is an estimated 14 hour flight jus to get to Juneau then ya have to get on a small plane or boat or somethin

GrayGhost, Gator 45/70 and oldman11 like this.
  17. BTPost

T wo hour flight from Seattle to Juneau, and 40 minute flight from Juneau to Excursion Inlet... Then if you are walking, 1 Hour walk to Our Place, or 10 minute ride in the Bronco, Rhino, or 4 Wheeler...

oldman11 and sec_monkey like this.
  18. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I would come up but the ground is to hard for me to walk on, I would fall down every 20 steps!

oldman11 and sec_monkey like this.
  19. sec_monkey

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    GrayGhost, oldman11 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  20. BTPost

Since I am an FFL, anyone can ship me their FireArms, and I can hold them until they show up and pick them up... So, no need to transport them thru Canada, or put them on a Plane...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7