RECALL NOTICE: Charter Arms Lady .38 Special Revolvers

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Motomom34, Sep 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I need help with this one. We have a store recalling but not the manufacture itself.

[​IMG]
    Recall notice in larger print/pdf: https://content.academy.com/recalls/Charter Arms Revolver Recall Notice_7.28.16.pdf

Story on the recall by a seller but no specifics.
    Breaking: Academy Sports Recalling Charter Arms Lady Revolvers-Charter Arms not Informed of the Recall! - The Firearm Blog

There is nothing on Charter Arms website. One of the comments said there was a defect on the right side of the barrel.

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Academy is known for knee jerks. I'd be inclined to call Charter for some lowdown, then sit back and watch.

Sgt Nambu and Motomom34 like this.
  3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

It bothers me because my other pistol had a safety issue but no recall. The manufacturer was fixing them as people called in. I plan on calling Charter Arms but it is alarming. I wonder how many firearms have to have an issue before a manufacture will put out a recall?

4. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

This whole things smells...there is a vague "issue" that they want you to return your weapon for, but no timeframe for return and Charter doesn't have a clue?

Academy has not had the best track record with firearms...perhaps this is another of their pc games?

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Look at Cheaper then Dirt. They have a PC moment every year and people still buy from them, I don't but people still support their business. What is issuing a recall and sending to the manufacture going to do? Academy is wasting money in time and shipping plus gift cards for what reason??? PC or they had a few complaints. Make no sense to me.

6. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

I, also recommend contacting Charter Arms!
    I don't like that Academy in not being specific about the problems that are, supposedly affecting the revolvers!
    Good luck, with your revolver, and keep us informed. SRG

Motomom34 likes this.
  7. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I would include a copy of the Academy letter in your correspondence with Charter Arms along with a stern note along the lines of WTF? Why am I not hearing this directly from you? Is this legit or what? Please advise both in writing and call ASAP. and give them a contact number.

Sgt Nambu and Motomom34 like this.
  8. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Reading all the comments someone had mentioned that the colored metal was not as strong as the scary black metal. I think that is questionable. I have seen these in all sorts of colors but this recall only mentions the pink and purple.

9. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

I don;t like Charter in the first place.

1. Oddcaliber
  2. GOG
  3. chelloveck
  4. OldDude49
  5. Seacowboys
  6. GOG
  7. chelloveck
  8. Hispeedal2
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7