( r)congressman Arlen Specter switches parties

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tango3, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/28/arlen-specter-switching-p_n_192298.html
    Some thing about him fearing his opposition in the next primary...:rolleyes:[beat][beat]

The move will give Democrats a filibuster-proof 60 vote majority in the Senate, presuming Minnesota's Al Franken is eventually seated. However, in his statement Specter said his opposition to the Employee Free Choice Act -- widely seen as a defense against a Republican primary challenge -- will not change.
    Polls had shown that, despite his shift on EFCA, Specter was on his way to losing his seat if he stayed in the GOP. A Rasmussen survey from last Friday had former U.S. Rep. Pat Toomey beating the Senator by 21 points in the

2. Conagher

Conagher Dark Custom Rider Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I saw that this morning while I was at work, but apparently he is not switching until the 2010 mid term elections. When he defects to the dark side, that will give the Dems a 60 vote filibuster proof majority unless in the mid term elections we can get a few Repubs voted in.....heaven help us all if the Dems get their filibuster proof majority......[shtf]

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Makes not one iota of difference when the official change takes place, he's voting donkey now and has for a while. He has alienated the folks that elected him in the first place and knows he could not survive a primary challenge as a republican because of that.

4. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

he has been a jackass for years. just showing his true colors now. this is pathetic.

5. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Slimeball Prostitician. Been a Senator for 19 yrs and trying to cling to power. Career politicians are one of the main causes of the political elite's disconnect from "we the people". They aren't we the people.
    Term limits are the first step to re-gaining some control over "our" government. 2 terms max and go home!!

6. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

When all else fails vote from..........., I hear lead makes an excellent term limiter.

7. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

I've been holding off commenting on this because of the "If you don't have anything nice to say" rule. It's been a couple of days now and at least I can talk about it without erupting.

I gave up on Specter a few years ago when he voted to allow the FCC to grant the sale of licenses to current owners that allready have a controlling amount of the airwaves. Basically a pro-monopoly radio bill. The radio stations suck around here, and after that they were worse.

I also e-mailed the bastard when he voted yes to the bill that retroactively protected companies that willfully gave out personal information to the feds (Verizon, etc). I told him he should be ashamed of himself.

He's nothing but a lapdog for money, whomever gives it to him. His switch was only because he is about to loose his money-gravy-train in the next election to Toomey. No doubt.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7