PSA Dagger (Glock 19 Gen 3 clone) torture test vids

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by natshare, Mar 12, 2023.

1. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Thought you might enjoy seeing the torture test vids, that my friends Chris & Heather, from Point Blank CHL (in Texas) made, for the PSA Dagger pistol. The Dagger is a clone of the Glock 19 Gen 3, with a few differences in the parts used.....and $300, versus upwards of $500, for the G19 Gen 3.

I like vids like these, because these two aren't wanna-be experts. They're a married couple, with a successful concealed carry & instructor class business, who have been instrumental in giving testimony before the Texas legislature, to help formulate some of the better firearms-related laws that have passed, in recent years. They tested this Dagger pretty much the same way you or I would, and give their honest opinion of what they've seen and experienced. (y)

The 1000-round torture test vid:

...and the epic failure of the trigger mechanism, when dealing with extreme conditions!

I've asked them if they'd consider dropping a factory G19 Gen 3 trigger group in the Dagger, then re-test it, with the extreme conditions torture test. Would be interesting to see, if you can buy a $300 Dagger, drop a factory trigger group in it from Glock, and end up with something that will perform as well as a G19, at a lower price point.

Dunerunner likes this.
  2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Well done vids...

natshare likes this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Seems like one of the first things that gets replaced a lot of people is some part of the factory trigger system.

natshare likes this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

This is actually a good thing, when Glonk first came out, they were supposed to be the cheaper option for a good and reliable pistol, but then they got big and super popular, and the price went up, driving sales to other brands with a known reputation! S.I.G. kinda did that as well, but really shot themselves in the foot by doing two major mistakes, 1) increasing the price, and 2) making so many changes/revisions that they were always changing model number, and now, it's a clusterfluck and WAY to spendy for what they are! Case in point, Price a good M-11/P-228 ( the ONLY S.I.G. I would ever run) and you see! Around here, a new M-11 would set you back over a Grand, for what is essentially a trick G-19 that fits better and is a little easier to carry!
    I'm way more happy with the Beretta Knockoffs, especially my trick INOX "F" variant, the pistol Beretta Should have offered all along!

natshare likes this.
  5. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Chris said he's not sure if the G19 trigger assembly would fit, but he'll take a look at it, and see if it's possible. (y)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7