Prepping 101: Cooking With Diesel/Home Heating Oil/Kerosene

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldDude49, Sep 16, 2019.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

arleigh likes this.
  2. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

The article talks about common stoves made and used in developing countries or India.

Nothing new, different or even odd - the stoves are real and the new sulfer-free fuel works nearly as good as kero. I have some for use in my Monitor heater in the house.

What is the question?

3. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

sounds like you answered it thanks

4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I have one that's about 25 years old.
    They are super portable but I think propane is better if you don't need the mobility.

5. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Amish use a kerosene stove similar to the heater. I probably could mod a Coleman to burn diesel or kerosene.

6. We use a butterfly kerosene burner and a cheap 8-wick kerosene burner when it is too warm to use the wood stove. They work quiet well, but we use them in the outside summer kitchen, just in case. We found an old New Perfection stove. I hoped to have it going by the main harvest, but other projects keep coming up.

Oddcaliber and chelloveck like this.
  7. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Those fuels are expensive here ,
    In the long run in a post apocalyptical event, knowing how to make alcohol might be more advantageous .
    On a limited income having a single source investment is fine but in my opinion I like having several different strategies, because you never know what can become available during hard times.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7