PragerU

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldDude49, Sep 3, 2019.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

is an interesting group of folks... IMHO...

they SEEM to try to put out the truth... ???

on many subjects

and they also claim google n youtube are screwin em over by burying their stuff... or even calling it hate speech etc.... hmmm...

seen lots of their stuff... don't look like hate speech to me... not even close to such... I see stuff like below...

the bible stuff is not telling you what to believe...

the one listed is tellin you something about why our society is the way it is... and the basic American ethics most of us hold...

folks in this country were basically brought up with a christian ethic... even if they weren't or aren't christian...

so to my way of thinkin... maybe they deserve to be seen and heard?

AJ+ Is Al Jazeera

Students Share Why the Bible Is Important

opinions?

arleigh likes this.
  2. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

On a side note... Candace Owens seems to have a program on PragerU?

she interviews and has talks with many different people...

and the discussion often seem relative to our time... and spot on

and of all people to interview... this one is of her husband... (I didn't know she was married)

The Candace Owens Show: George Farmer

3. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I think she just recently got married this year ,, I've listened to a few of their videos as well . They all seem to be just stating facts , which is opposite of the lefts beliefs these days, which would constitute it as hate speech ,in their eyes anyway . But these days , people are not open minded enough to even listen to an opposing view . There's common sense out there , people just have to want to hear it .

3M-TA3 likes this.
  4. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Not only want to hear it, but It has to be sought, it will not be apparent from the surrounding noise what is sense and what is distraction. To say that these days, one cannot be passive and swallow the garbage indiscriminately.

Altoidfishfins and SB21 like this.
  5. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Lot of truth to that statement. My father was a devout Christian. Me, not so much but the morals and ideals stuck.
    I could never live his puritanical lifestyle (i.e. one drop of alcohol and it's the Lake of Fire for you!), and to him, anything less was not Christian.

OldDude49 and SB21 like this.
  6. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Thanks for the direction. They have a lot of interesting vids.

7. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

One doesn't have to be hard core religious to realize and see the benefits of Christian "morals and ideals" and actually this includes most other religions also.

I consider myself to be a Christian, was baptized Russia Orthodox in 2006, but very seldom attend church not because I don't believe in God, simply because I don't believe in religion, or specifically the church, so much...some find that belief strange so I will leave it there.

Nevertheless, there are many good things in religion and one could definitely make the case that it was one of the main reasons we do not allow our baser instincts, emotions, even thoughts to rule over us, stopping us from raping, pillaging and murdering each other. And, yes, one can make a case of the negatives that religion has also brought to mankind's history but I personally believe it is the fallacies of man, not religion, that is truly at fault.

I guess this poses the question would mankind have been better with or without religion? It's a much more complex question than it appears. On that question, I have no answer and think it is something every individual must answer for themselves; however, the moral and ideals it has given us (Thou shall not kill, steal, etc...), is easily defended and answered.

OldDude49 likes this.
  8. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

She just got married.... and I like the comment that he married her to become an American Citizen... obviously a Brit, or an Aussie.

9. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

Prager U has been around a good while producing some smart videos and reaching a lot of millennials. Saw Dennis speak several months ago, good talk but nothing not covered in some of his recent campus speeches you can find on YouTube.

Here are some especially interesting Prager U videos:
    Dave Rubin - why I left the Left
    Islam by the numbers
    Any of the several by Carol Swain including the Inconvenient Truth of the Democrat Party

10. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

11. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

The hypocrite left will never bend to the truth on principle.
    "Reason" conflicts with their narrative.

OldDude49 and Oddcaliber like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7