Plarn - how to make plastic yarn

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by Ganado, Aug 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

natshare, chelloveck and Motomom34 like this.
  2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

This looks right up My Wife's ally, I bet she could come up with some really neat ideas for this. I also think I can see some other uses for this sort of thing! Really cool idea!

chelloveck, Motomom34 and Ganado like this.
  3. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

That would be really cool, I just found it today and will pull out my crochet hook. I make face scrubs from wool and non-stick pan scrubs from marine netting but this looked interesting. New idea's would be awesome. (yes I crochet and watch TV, I use to sit in company meetings and crochet, my boss thought it was funny but I focus better when my hands are occupied)

I remember a study somewhere that says when your hands are occupied it triggers more parts of your brain. Its why typing is good for brain development.

chelloveck likes this.
  4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

What a great idea. I always wondered how to re-purpose all those plastic bags. I wonder how they hold up? It would be cool to make any entry rug out of one. It would not absorb the water during winter but it would be a conversation piece.

chelloveck and Ganado like this.
  5. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I don't know how the will hold up. I will make a couple of small pieces and put them in the sun. I'm sure the biodegradable plastic won't last long

chelloveck likes this.
  6. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Sisal rope (1/4 inch) should make a nice durable mat...

chelloveck and Ganado like this.
  7. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

8. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Normally the leaves are crushed and beaten then scraped down to the fibers... then dried and woven into twine, cord or ropes...

chelloveck likes this.
  1. Bishop
  2. Asia-Off-Grid
  3. hot diggity
  4. hot diggity
  5. Ganado
  6. Bishop
  7. Oltymer
  8. Motomom34
  9. Ganado
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Ganado, Nov 22, 2016, 48 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  10. chelloveck
  11. chelloveck
  12. Ganado
  13. Ganado
  14. lonewolf88
  15. Witch Doctor 01
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Witch Doctor 01, Sep 20, 2015, 12 replies, in forum: Back to Basics
  16. Hanzo
  17. Bear
  18. Motomom34
  19. Bear
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7