Pineapple Eye Floater Treatment

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by 3M-TA3, Dec 13, 2021.

1. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I've always had eye floaters and have always been able to ignore them. A few years ago a particularly nasty one that resembles a dense tangle of thread floated smack into the center of vision in my dominant eye and set up housekeeping. There isn't much you can do so I was slowly going "left eyed" for a lot of things and sometimes had to close my right eye in order to see clearly.

I ran across this a few months ago, and have been eating a half can of pineapple rings every day for a month, so I have two more months to go. It seems to be working as the floater is getting fuzzy and is less distinct. Per the video and research paper the amount of pineapple I'm eating should reduce the size of the floater by about 75% over a 90 day period. I'll likely go twice that amount of time due to the size of that bugger. The active compound is bromelain. I suggest Del Monte black label pineapple as the other brands are much less ripe, but they all should work.

Video:

Paper - Dr. Allen gives the following caution "This article is a small pilot study and has it's flaws. I personally always read and evaluate scientific articles with a level of skepticism until further evaluated and tested. I encourage everyone to do the same. ":
    http://www.jofamericanscience.org/journals/am-sci/jas150419/03_34649jas150419_17_30.pdf

A video where a man tests bromelane extract as opposed to pineapple. At the same point as I am currently he did not notice any difference in the floaters, just that they move more freely. I have noticed this was well, but so long as I see the floaters becoming less distinct I'll continue. I do have an extensive eye exam on Friday and have discussed with my ophthalmologist so it will be interesting to see what changes she notices. Hopefully she can make some measurements so it will be more objective and less subjective.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2021
  2. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I have these. Like streaks on a windshield but…..They’re clear so docs all thought I was nuts since like 92. Finally a doc saw them a year or so ago. Yay!

Altoidfishfins, HK_User and 3M-TA3 like this.
  3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Just have the wife hit you over the head with a rolling pin to make the floaters go away! Wife swears this trick keeps me out of trouble, though I see double for a time afterwards!

Lancer, Altoidfishfins and 3M-TA3 like this.
  4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

She does that all the time anyway "just for good measure". Problem is that it shakes my eyes up like they are snow globes full of floaters.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2021
  5. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Oh no!
    Then you have two angry wives with two rolling pins. And then...and then...her mother comes over!
    Now you've got two of them also.

Ura-Ki and Bandit99 like this.
  6. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

@Ura-Ki I know you are married to a Ukrainian lady like I am married to a Russian one...so I couldn't help myself and had to post this video clip as certain you will understand and greatly appreciate it:

Attached Files:

Ura-Ki likes this.
  7. Lancer

Lancer TANSTAFL! Site Supporter+++

Interesting.
    I've had floaters for years - an optho surgeon has a procedure to lazer them into small fragments, but damn does it hurt.
    I'll try the pineapple thing.

3M-TA3 likes this.
  8. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

There is a product from NOW that is quercetin with Bromeline. Try that one twice a day.

Airtime and 3M-TA3 like this.
  9. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

At this point I'm going to stick with pineapple. Bromeline is what they theorize breaks down the floaters, but it's possible there may be another component. Also I'm not sure how much bromelain there is in the amount I'm taking vs the amount in the supplement. That and I have a couple dozen cans already :)

mysterymet and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  10. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

3M

What size cans are you buying? They come in several sizes beyond the small ones usually encountered.
    Jim

3M-TA3 likes this.
  11. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I get the 20oz cans and eat 4 rings per day. Del Monte Deluxe Gold (black label) by far the best of the typical grocery store fare. Strangely, Dole, who made their name on Hawaiian pineapple plantations, is battery acid compared to the rest. I was also surprised that Hawaii is no longer a major pineapple producer. It was just not cost effective compared to Asian operations.

Cruisin Sloth likes this.
  12. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

Thanks!

13. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

I too have floaters, a lot in one eye and I saw this study and the video a month ago or so.

I had some eye surgery recently and a follow up appointment yesterday with my surgeon so I asked him about this study. He was not familiar with the research. I summarized it for him and he was curious, said sure try it, certainly couldn’t hurt.

He also said he knows a bit about pineapple. If you put it in jello, you need to use canned pineapple which has been heated significantly as part of the canning process. If you use fresh pineapple there is an enzyme (he named it and it wasn’t bromeline) that breaks down the gelatin and it won’t set up. If the pineapple is heated, as during canning, this breaks down the enzyme so the jello will set up. So he strongly encouraged eat fresh pineapple and not canned in off chance the heating might also compromise the bromeline. Seems wise.

AT

Edit - bugged me I could not remember the enzyme my ophthalmologist thought killed jello, so googled it. Hits are saying bromelain. Even a kitchen science class for kids on this. Seems pretty clear to EAT FRESH PINEAPPLE.

Why Does Pineapple Ruin Jell-O?

Why does pineapple stop Jelly setting? - Kitchen Science for Kids

Why can't I use fresh pineapple to make Jell-O?
    proteolytic enzymes! That’s what he said.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2021
    Ura-Ki, BTPost and 3M-TA3 like this.
  14. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Off topic have suffered tinnitus for years due to my Vietnam exposure to jet engines, was reading in the DAV (Disabled American Veterans) mag a guy wrote in he has had relief from tinnitus by acupuncture. Anyone out there ever hear of this?

Ura-Ki and 3M-TA3 like this.
  15. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I have, but don't have a reference

Ura-Ki and johnbb like this.
  16. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

@johnbb
    Got a question into a doc needle person
    S
    Edit add , was told it works on many .
    Lady .MIL Doc , and I have not had any of those type of needles

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
    Ura-Ki and johnbb like this.
  17. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

No, and I have it bad from a belt of .50 Ma- Duce as well as several very large explosions close by! Try switching Cofveve to Italian, Turkish, or Greek, way less acidic ( helps with many other issues as well) and take a couple drops of CBD oils under the tongue!
    You will need to experiment with different blends of the CBD to find the right one for you, there are 2 major varieties, one is a "morning" happy blend, the other is an "evening" relaxed blend, they have differing effects, so play around a little!
    Me, I drink Lavazza ( Italian arabica) Cofveve, the Green or Brown lable blends, and for the CBD, I'm using the Indica blend, 3 drops under the tongue with my morning cuppa.
    You can also apply a drop directly into your ear(s) canal if your really ringing, massage it around a little!

You can also get the Hemp blend CBD oils if you are subject to drug testing, or have an aversion to Mary Jane products!

3M-TA3 and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  18. jefferson

jefferson Monkey

This is first time, I m read natural remedies for eye floater. I hope this will makes awarness to many people. Natural remedies is always makes the body healthy and also not makes any side effects. But before going to use any herbal or natural remedies better to seek doctor advice is a best thing to avoid several side effects in the future.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7