Personal weather station

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by TnAndy, Feb 20, 2021.

1. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Just stuck a few new AAA's in it, haven't reset the time/date, but the temperature reading were from just now. You got to love a wood stove !

[​IMG]

Sunnyvibes, duane, Airtime and 5 others like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Who makes your system and at what cost... We are in the market to replace our Davis System we have had for decades...

Altoidfishfins and Dunerunner like this.
  3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

4. TnAndy

Yeah Bruce.....it's an Ambient I got off Amazon. Wireless from the outdoor station, which is about 100' from the indoor unit. They have internet connect ability if you want to use it.

BTPost, Dunerunner and ghrit like this.
  5. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

I own two Ambient weather stations and I have been very pleased with them. I can watch the weather at my BOL and home from my phone, computer or tablet. It also interfaces with WeatherBug.

6. TnAndy

View from our place late this afternoon. Frost melted off every where below 3,000', but looked pretty up there.

[​IMG]

Sunnyvibes, BTPost, ghrit and 4 others like this.
  7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

AlaskaChick looked at the Amazon ad and said it was good enough for the new place... So, I will get one ordered, to be delivered when we finally get back home... I like the “No Wires part, a lot, and the WiFi connection to my router, idea as well... Thanks for the info...

duane likes this.
  8. duane

duane Monkey+++

Sounds interesting, would like to be able to monitor temp in greenhouse, garage, and basement. Worry about too cold in all three and too hot in garage and greenhouse. Hope to play around more with some sort of logging and alarm system. Garage and greenhouse are not at the moment set up with controlled heat. Fuel costs and retirement income cash flow require some give and take.

9. TnAndy

Duane,

You get get some fairly inexpensive wireless outdoor thermometers from Amazon. We use a Accurite model on the greenhouse at a range of about 300' line-of-sight from the house....I think it's rated for under 200'. Uses a couple AA batteries in the sensor in the greenhouse. They generally run less than 30 bucks, many of them half that.

duane likes this.
  10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

@duane
    Ambient makes several versions of multi point remote thermometers that don't have the other weather sensors that might suit you better. Amazon has them, and I've been using an I-O unit for years with no problems other than changing the batteries in chilly conditions.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7