Ordering stuff online is always such an adventure......

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TnAndy, Aug 15, 2021.

1. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Ordered a 50lb bag of canning salt from Amazon. Got it Saturday, plus a 50lb bag of Epsom salt. HOW do you screw up an order as simple as one bag of salt ??? Anybody know the amount of Epsom salt to put on a garden ? 50lbs seems like a lot.

Ordered 2 wood handled paring knives from Amazon while back......old arthritic hands can grip the wood handled ones better. Got 6 instead of 2.

On a recent Walmart order was a jar of McCormick poultry gravy mix. Still shows it coming next week, but this week, got the exact same jar from Amazon with a note that it was a 'gift' ?? Amazon feeling sorry for me because Walmart running behind ? ahahhaaaaaaaa

Seems the bigger the company, the more likely they are to screw up.

Gator 45/70, SB21, Yard Dart and 2 others like this.
  2. duane

duane Monkey+++

Epson salt is a very useful thing. Lots of uses for it in greenhouse when you blend fertilizers, good bath soak etc.

20 Surprising Uses For Epsom Salt - Farmers' Almanac

Growfood.com » Natural Mineral Fertilizers – Micro-Nutrient Mix

Several of the commercial greenhouse fertilizers require both calcium and magnesium to be added depending on the stage of the growing season as well as changes in nitrogen levels. Growfood is expensive, but for the micro nutrients I have had good luck. The better Peter's etc commercial greenhouse fertilizers also have them. It is difficult to both use some forms of micro-nutrients and water soluble at the same time, Granite dust is not exactly soluble and while it will be broken down in the soil, it requires both time and the right beasties in the soil.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
    Gator 45/70, crowdaddy and Yard Dart like this.
  3. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Pirate Biker

We ordered something from Amazon and it was delivered from Walmart.

Gator 45/70 and TnAndy like this.
  4. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

I put in an order with pink cherry , hustler delivered it .
    And the driver was not hard on the eyes !
    ;)
    S

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

sometimes what you want just makes sense to internet order it - the JIT system for the retail store refilling was bad enough - failing badly these days - no store personnel for inventory re-ordering and then OEM problems with distribution SNAFU added in ....

just need to watch for the delivery if it doesn't fit in the mail box slot - if the weather doesn't get it - the porch pirates will ....

just ordered a 12V item - in the old days Radio Shack would have had it - decent enough $$$ >>> now you can't find it retail and if you do it's 5X $$$ - it'll take a few weeks coming from China - no rush on my side and not the end of the world if it doesn't show at all ....

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Funny story, I didn't order anything and I got a large delivery from Amazon (correct address and everything). It was 10 sets of truck floor mats and the company was "BDK", which is my Amazon user account name. I tried to return them, but never got anywhere, so I gave most of them out to my neighbors and kept a set for myself. [winkthumb] I was never charged for anything.

TnAndy and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I never have luck like that!
    I ordered one of those robot vacuums that auto empty into it's own canister from woot. It was a "factory refurbished" unit, well on it's first run it had a "wobble", looked like it was always running over something. Got a hold of support, they watched a video of it, then sent me a replacement unit, brand new free of charge and didn't want the original back. So i did some investigating on the "broken" unit. Turned out, it looked like it had been dropped and the hinge point for one of the drive wheels was busted. A little JB Weld later and a I now have 2 working vacuums for half the price of one (Woot price was 50% off). Both are still running a year later.
    I'm always amazed how many companies don't want returns.
    Had another order from Amazon ship the wrong headlight for my truck. Order was right, but they sent the wrong one to me, oh well, contacted the company and the shipped the correct ones out but wanted me to destroy the originals instead of returning them (LED headlight bulbs so they had a pigtail on them). I cut them right in the middle of the wire took a photo, then spliced the wires back together and installed them in my wife's car.

Cruisin Sloth and TnAndy like this.
  8. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Yeah, unless it's a high buck item, they don't want it back. Between the cost of shipping and what to DO with it when it gets back, more than most stuff is worth.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7