Second Amendment Oklahoma Federal District Court rules Pot Usage does not disqualify FireArms Possession..

Discussion in 'Bill of Rights' started by BTPost, Feb 6, 2023.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

A Federal District Court judge ruled that use and possession of Pot does NOT make one a Prohibited Person, and the Regulation is UnConstitutional.. The Judge sighted the SCOTUS Bruen Precidant as justification for his ruling.. This ruling will be Appealed to the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals…

jim2, Gator 45/70, Seepalaces and 2 others like this.
  2. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

A much simpler solution is to require people to take a firearms safety course, including a written test at the end, to pass. Severe pot heads will not have sufficient brain cells to accomplish this simple task! ;):rolleyes:

Gator 45/70, Seepalaces and mechstdr like this.
  3. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

I always wondered about the question of marijuana use/addiction. Since I didn’t want my kids to start that, I told them that the state records marijuana purchases, and could easily cross-reference that data with the ATF 4473 and find out who’s been lying and committing perjury. I said it’s weed or firearms, choose wisely.
    Not sure how that would actually work out in the courts, but it seems to have kept them in line. Sorry to hijack this subject, which refers to possession, not purchase, but it may be relevant to someone.

mysterymet, jim2, natshare and 4 others like this.
  4. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

Plenty of pot heads take a drivers ed course and take a written test to get their license. Gun ownership is a civil right protected by the constitution. No one has to take a test to vote (if only), so no one should have to take a test to own a gun. As long as one has not forfeited their rights via a felony, one has all their civil rights.

5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I can do without the modern day White Knights claiming Marijuana is some kind of dangerous drug. It has amazing medicinal applications, and it's not even dangerous. It's at the number one spot on the Schedule 1 banned substances list for a reason -Government loves power. Make the Citizens into criminals, ban hemp and turn the whole alphabet agency carnival against the People. As was mentioned, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED is pretty damn simple. Take this up a notch with the Delta-8 digestible and other THC medicines/therapies. Sorry, you folks gotta give up your guns if you want to live pain free? Nah, GFY [wannamesswitme]

GOG, Mountainman, Minuteman and 6 others like this.
  6. sasquatch91

sasquatch91 Monkey+++

Much rather see someone stoned driving a car than drunk, same goes for owning a firearm, know why liqours legal? Because they can tax it! Weeds far from a gateway drug, i dont smoke, never have but would love to see it legalized. The medicinal sideof it is amazing.

GOG, Mountainman, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  7. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

I totally agree. It's legal here is Michigan, but it's not recognized by the Feds.
    Here's the rub, from a local marijuana news outlet:

"A question on the form for most would-be gun purchasers asks: “Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?” Lying on the form is a felony."

Totally agree that people that use MJ should not lose rights, and totally agree that those rights cannot be taken away. I'd wager MANY Michiganders have lied on the form, and it could be proven by MJ purchases. I doubt they'd round up these new "felons", but it might make things more difficult for you if you wind up in a confrontation with the Law.

GOG, Brokor, jim2 and 3 others like this.
  8. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

I am generally amused by the labeling of pot and other things as “gateway drugs.” By a typical definition, beer, wine, caffeinated soft drinks, even non-decaf coffee are “gateway drugs.” It is a pretty meaningless term used to demonize. Yawn.

GOG, Brokor, Seepalaces and 2 others like this.
  9. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Yeah, that was a bit of "tongue in cheek", with the ";):rolleyes:" at the end. Sorry if that was a bit too subtle to detect! :sneaky:

Gator 45/70 and Seepalaces like this.
  10. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

Sorry, I have a lousy sarcasm detector. I appreciate your kind response.

natshare and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

F the dope. Hughes ammendment damn it!

Seepalaces and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I've heard the noble weed takes the edge off PMS.
    Should be mandatory smoking for the suffers of PMS every 28 days or so?

natshare, Seepalaces and jim2 like this.
  13. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

Ummm… not sure I understand. So who should use the weed? The home’s first lady or the rest of the family that is suffering from her PMS?

14. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

First lady first If that doesn't do it run!!! Exorcist III inbound...

Seepalaces and Airtime like this.
  1. Ura-Ki
  2. fl4848
  3. Cruisin Sloth
    [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Cruisin Sloth, Oct 14, 2023, 2 replies, in forum: Freedom and Liberty
  4. dustintml
  5. BTPost
  6. Dunerunner
  7. OldDude49
  8. oldman11
  9. Ura-Ki
  10. OldDude49
  11. OldDude49
  12. Motomom34
  13. Dunerunner
  14. T. Riley
  15. enloopious