Oh, look what I found this morning!

Discussion in 'The Green Patch' started by natshare, Jul 9, 2022.

1. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

I know it's not much, but planting in nothing but pots this year (renting, so I really don't want to dig up the yard), it's a win.....at least as far as I'm concerned!
    Watering all the pots of garden veggies this morning, I peeked under the summer squash leaves, and look what I found! Baby summer squash!
    I even interrupted a honey bee, exiting one of the blossoms, as I took the pictures! :LOL::LOL: Baby summer squash 20220709-1. Baby summer squash 20220709-2.

Alanaana, sec_monkey, Ura-Ki and 10 others like this.
  2. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

great pictures

sec_monkey, natshare, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Looking good!!

4. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Yeah I just got a whole bunch of those this week too. They seem to be going nuts.

5. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Love squash. It's one really simple food. Slice it, boil it for a minute or two, flop it on your plate with butter and a little salt.
    I never seem to get tired of it no matter what kind it is.

Dont, sec_monkey, natshare and 4 others like this.
  6. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

I'll sear some meat and then put the squash and all the seasonings in a skillet on low for a couple hours and then add the meat when its all done. Yeah, that's good.

7. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Slice the squash up ,, put in skillet ,, cast iron is best ,, add some sliced onions ,, salt and pepper,,, add bacon ,, cover and stew on low to medium heat ,, stirring occasionally to keep from sticking . Mm mm good .

Gator 45/70, Dont, sec_monkey and 3 others like this.
  8. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

I actually mis-identified that squash! That there is the golden nugget squash, that is a variety of winter squash, small enough to plant & grow in a container.
    Golden Nugget Squash

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7