Offgrid community near SLC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CraftyMofo, Jul 8, 2024.

1. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Kamp Krap likes this.
  2. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

One of the quotes from the comments was something to the effect that “Most people are liabilities, not assets.” It looks like a poor choice of location to me.

Kamp Krap likes this.
  3. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Most of southern california used to be a desert now it's thriving.
    Most ventures take a harsh place and do something about it, making it a better place to live.
    Getting away from conventional home building is a great start if you've got the mind set to do so.
    The trick is to stay away from any cities or counties that might tend to take over and destroy what you have built. This has happened in the past , one I can think of was called Earth-Ship.
    One needs all their own infrastructure, I mean ALL your own not borrowing from any one.

Altoidfishfins, Zimmy and CraftyMofo like this.
  4. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

An all encompassing set of training from the old Human Path school and an earthship with well developed hugelkulture and maybe, maybe a community of not-like minded people could make it. Even then, a facilities group would have to run, train, and administer it 24/7.

You'd definitely need a woodshed to take people behind or a Yellowstone style "train station" to take malcontents unable to adhere to military type COC structure.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7