Off Road Myths Part 1

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ColtCarbine, Apr 3, 2021.

1. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

2. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Kind of gave me an education about Australia as well. Some of those people do pretty cool stuff.
    And, they have great off-road equipment

ColtCarbine likes this.
  3. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

Ahhhh yes Ronnie D. I have met him at shows a couple of times and he does have a great deal of off road experience though sometimes he can be an arrogant ass (mostly away from his YouTube persona) but is did bite him on the arse recently over the Rhino Rack BS. Be careful to get between a personality and their sponsored product (he had to back down and issue an apology and for that I give him more credit that many).

Nonetheless he has made a life for himself on YouTube and taking guided 4x4 tours out over on the west. What you see in his vids and some of the others from here is how vast this place is and how many in Europe and the US don’t understand “remote” (in the US you folks in Alaska get it !!). You can travel for hours and not see another soul (on public roads !) so when you get stuck or in a bind you need the skills/knowledge and gear to look after yourself. To put this is context the analogy I have used here before is think of the landmass of the US “Lower 48” with less than 10% of the population. That population is then clustered within @3-5 hrs drive of the coast. In the centre or far north west even popping an PLB won’t see help for an extended period. I have said it on here many times, the environment here will kill you before any of the wildlife or occasional serial killer !!!!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    Altoidfishfins and ColtCarbine like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7