Of course.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Big Ron, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

My kids do online homeschooling and I asked my son about what he was studying.
    He said the wildfires in Ca. I told him they blame climate change, don't they? He was amazed
    that I knew what they were teaching. So I pointed out the lack of forestry management in Ca.
    No thinning things out and getting rid of dead trees and brush. Climate change, of course.

Altoidfishfins, SB21 and Ura-Ki like this.
  2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Don't forget to point out the BILLIONS of fed funds provided to the states to manage those forests and resources, and those funds have always been used elsewhere for state pet projects! Don't forget to point out the PG&E have completely neglected and ignored the need to maintain their power infrastructure and keep it safe! Don't forget that the Forest Service has repeatedly informed the states that they need to properly maintain all those lands, and they have always been ignored! The States have failed to come up with proper management plans to deal with these fires and keep people safe, and they are not working in the best interests of the people or the lands! You and I pay taxes to make all those things happen, but no one is ever held accountable or punished for their "Crimes" of neglect and misappropriating funds!

I fought those big fires in Cali. Recently, the Carr Fire, the Napa fire, the Big Creak Fire, and I saw first hand the complete lack of everything, if not for Cal-Fire, and it's management team and resources, Cali. would be a baron land, completely burned out and unlivable with thousands dead, and millions displaced!

3. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I heard on a local radio quiz show the other morning,, it's a little question and answer game .

Q ) What public service department has the most non paid personnel ??

A ) Fire departments.

Just a little reminder of the sacrifices these guys take to keep you and your neighbors lives and property safe.
    So , to all of you fire fighters out there ,, thank you , and be safe out there

4. duane

duane Monkey+++

Live in New England, have a little over 2 sq miles of land near me that belongs to some protect the forest group, bought with state funds and tax deductible gifts. Their rules are it is to be left a "natural nature area", no cutting, trimming, removing dead wood, etc. The most of the land was bought from several local people for peanuts by an out of state developer as it had no roads. He roughed a road in, logged it for everything, saw logs, fire wood, wood chips, etc, and then put in a permit to build 150 housing units. The "greens" panicked , screamed at ever one for funds, raised the money and bought the land and paid the developers 3 times what they had paid for it to keep it "natural" and then destroyed all the roads that had been put in, prohibit hunting, fishing, and camping on the land, stopped paying taxes to the town, and made it nearly impossible to put roads thru to open up other land locked land in the area. Their stated goal is to raise the funds to buy and expand the wild area by buying up the rest of the area that now has no access. When sooner or later there is a fire, there will be brush,, dead trees, and what ever else is there to burn, no one to notify the fire department when it starts and no way to get equipment in to fight the fire and when it burns a large area, we will be told it is due to that wicked climate change.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7