NPR station fires weatherman for calling rioters 'Brownshirts'

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldDude49, Aug 8, 2020.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

not sure if this is political... or just informative?

for those that may wonder what it's like in Seattle now...

"His blog post featured his comments and photographs after a two-hour walk across downtown Seattle that left him "stunned."

"Block after block of boarded up stores, restaurants, and other buildings. A city in lockdown and afraid," he wrote.

He said anyone who takes a similar walk "will be shocked by a shuttered, dystopian city and made angry by the inaction and ineptness of its political leadership. It is simply beyond words."

Mass said Friday on the local "Dori Monson Show" that "there was no one there" except for the homeless.

"It was just so depressing. ... You have this great American city, boarded up, almost peopleless," he said. "It was very disturbing."

Monson agreed: "It's just a ghost town in what was once a vibrant central business core.""

longer more detailed info on site

NPR station fires weatherman for calling rioters 'Brownshirts'

2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Well they are brown shirts.

The left succeed in turning Seattle into Detroit.

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Glad I will only have to see the Airport which is south of the city, and once my Brother, picks me up, we can miss the whole downtown area by driving around the bottom og Lake Washington, and head east on I-90 as fast as we can, and be across the pass in an hour and a half...

4. duane

duane Monkey+++

While they may attack his descriptions, the photo's of the rest of Seattle are heartbreaking. It is one thing to see rioting in the streets and another to see the town shut down and no one knows for how long.

Wife and I used to go to Boston almost weekly 30 years ago. Concerts, plays, folk music, shopping, visiting the usual tourist traps, but very well done ones. Haven't been there in about 10 years. Seattle faces the same problem, visiting and spending money is a habit as well as an enjoyment, a few bad experiences and you get out of the habit. Some times see info on a music program with music from the 10 th thru 15 th century and am tempted, but haven't got around to doing so. 30 years ago we had season tickets for a couple music forums.

Altoidfishfins and HK_User like this.
  5. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

He told the truth and the lamestream media couldn't handle it.

6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

It's a pretty good test of charter.
    Tell a liar the truth they get angry.

7. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

I made this exact comparison 2 hrs ago on another gun board. The man spoke the truth. I've always thought of Seattle/Portland as shitholes ever since the late 70's. Most of my relatives have moved from Seattle across the Cascades a few years ago. It's really hard to have sympathy for a city or state that has by it's own choices(votes) put in office the weapons of it's own destruction then are surprised, shocked and begs for help when it happens.

8. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Sturmabteilung (SA)

then
    [​IMG]

now
    [​IMG]

more than a fashion statement.

9. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Great comments

HK_User likes this.
  10. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Washington Post actually did a Portland protest fashion piece today. From an archive site so they don't get clicks:
    Trump sent agents to quell unrest. But protest is what Portland does …

Nice to know the face
    upload_2020-8-10_12-1-20.

The fashion statement I would make when it makes it to my door step
    [​IMG]

Tully Mars and HK_User like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7