Now that we're are not hemorrhaging money in Afa-gapa-crapastan..... New ICBMs.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DKR, Dec 10, 2023.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Sentinel ICBM (LGM-35A) (af.mil)

The MIC must be fed.

The old Minuteman ICBM system will be completely replaced. Shame we didn't keep a few Peacekeeper rockets..... Big construction bucks and a lot of new stuff on the support bases as well.

Hope they can keep all those new ChiCom immigrants off the workforce.

jim2 and duane like this.
  2. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

I wonder if the old Minutemans will be on Govdeals? Be cool to have a few out at the farm.

Zimmy, natshare, techsar and 2 others like this.
  3. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Probably a good idea to do this now. In a few years there won't be the know-how left in this country to do it.

SB21, natshare, jim2 and 3 others like this.
  4. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Seeing as the level III Minuteman missiles first came into service over 5 decades ago, I'd say we definitely got our money's worth out of them. Not as though the fissionable material can't be recycled, either. (y)

I say we hide a couple of them under JoBama's garage, where the 'Vette is parked. Not like any of our enemies would think to look for them there....right? :rolleyes:;):whistle:

jim2 likes this.
  5. DKR

The rockets will be recycled to boost small payloads to orbit, as has been done in the past.

jim2 and Zimmy like this.
  6. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Did you see the Marines are getting trucks that hold four Tomahawk missiles in a multiple launch, nuke capable, 1000 mile range platform?

Maybe an E6 at best in charge? Realistically an E4-P with staffing levels.

Drop a truck, a Conex full of provisions, and a Conex sleep shack on any microdot island in the world and Boom! Missile base! OORAH?

jim2 and DKR like this.
  7. DKR

The USAF called them GLCM..glickums.

Scared the shit out of the Rooskis...

jim2 likes this.
  8. CaboWabo5150

CaboWabo5150 Hell's coming with me

There may be an E-6 in charge, but it will be an E6 Mercury.. The Corps hasn't changed that much since I got out and at that time I couldn't hardly get a rifle that wasn't 90% worn out and I couldn't use it unless someone with at least a silver maple leaf on their collar say I could..

jim2 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7