NFA Trust.. Who'd ya use?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by JediWoodsman, Nov 18, 2020.

1. JediWoodsman

JediWoodsman Insomnia Monkey

For those that have NFA trusts set up, Who did you use? did you do one of the online sites or go to a lawyer in person?
    I called one of the only "Trust and estate" lawyers in a 50 mile area of here and they didn't seem too knowledgeable.. he said something like "Yeah.. it's kinda like a land trust, but I'll just write 'gun' instead of 'property' on it"... I was not impressed to say the least.
    It does however seem like most of these would be pretty boilerplate, with small changes for state maybe.
    So who'd ya use?

-JW

also, was going to name the trust the "Nautical Mishaps NFA Trust".. you think ATF has a sense of humor?

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Get in touch with the same mouthpiece that drew up your will. Whoever I may have used might not have passed the bar or be licensed in your state.

3. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

@ghrit nailed it.
    I called my business attorney and he turned me onto the one that some of his friends use. Worked out great, and I've made a few friends from the deal as well.

Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

You could also contact the legal side of the ..... Dare I say it .... NRA for suggestions.

Gator 45/70 and Tully Mars like this.
  5. Idahoser

Idahoser Monkey+++ Founding Member

I would have liked to have used the local lawyer recommended by the dealer, but after five attempts to get him to call me back, I went with the online service. He finally called six months later.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I talked to a couple of lawyers about a trust
    Quoted any wheres from 300 to 600 buck-olas,I went with the 300 guy since hes a completion shooter

7. JediWoodsman

JediWoodsman Insomnia Monkey

I see what you guys are thinking, my issue is that the lawyer that set up my trust/will/ect, lives on the other side of the country as I have moved since having all that stuff made up. Again, the only one I could find close by was not impressive to me. I guess the better question would have been "Not withstanding any local lawyers, Are any of the online gun trust sites worth a damn?"

-JW

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

You might call him and ask if he can make a recommendation of someone in your current nekka. Or, you might set up an interview with a random dart to the phone book under the pretext of reviewing your will for compliance with your current state laws. Then you can do a FTF vetting with some pointed questions.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7