New shortage ,coins!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oddcaliber, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Stopped by Dollar Tree on the way home and noticed a sign in the door next to the one saying you need to wear a mask, this one says please use exact change on purchases under $10. We buy change. This is not the first time I've seen this. A local grocery store is having a change shortage as well. Just wondering if this is local or national. Anyone here experience the same thing?

2. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Nope...haven't seen any of that over here.

3. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Yep ,, I've seen the same thing around here . Don't know how a virus causes a shortage of change. I've seen those signs before ,, "We buy change " ,, it's a lie ,, they don't buy it ,, they exchange it for paper money. If they bought it ,, you would leave with more than you took in. I have a few 5 gallon buckets of change ,, and unless they're going to " buy" , my change ,, its not worth my time to haul it over there to swap it out ..

4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Stopped at Lowes this am,Use exact change or debit/credit card
    and there you have it !

5. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

coin shortage happens when people have their coin jars at home and are forced to stay home. Can't get to dump the jar into the coin star, take the chit to the register. Nor get to the bank to dump them in there too.

government created scarcity. wait until the real shelter in place this fall.

6. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Lots of people using cards and apps to prevent handling coins or bills.

7. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

Have not seen any issue here

Gator 45/70, Oddcaliber and HK_User like this.
  8. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Yep, seeing it here.

Gator 45/70 and Oddcaliber like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7