NASA headed towards giant golden asteroid

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bandit99, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

2. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

I've known about this gag for decades.

If you can plot an object's orbit. you can compute its mass. If you then find the volume, you can figure the density. Anything with a average density greater than lead is precious and/or transuranic metals.

The massive influx of gold from the New World destroyed the Spanish economy, and it took them three hundred years to even partially recover.

When everyone has so much gold they can gorge on peaches, no one will have to labor to grow them.

And that's fine--until they run out of peaches.

Simply having a backlog of resources need not destroy an economy.

If the resources are released into the economy at a measured pace, and accounted at value in the process, the game of Capitalism can continue.

Greed will probably prevent that.

Flooding the market with anything destroys its relative value. Gold, iron, wheat, baby buggies--it really doesn't matter what the product is.

A lot of apple carts will get kicked over.

One reason Uncle Government wants that asteroid is to be able to discreetly replace the tungsten fakes in Ft. Knox with real gold.

Oh, wait--we aren't supposed to know about that.

(Ach! I know nothing! )

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    Gator 45/70, TnAndy, Bandit99 and 4 others like this.
  3. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

If a chunk of gold like that hits the earth the economy is the last thing I'm worry about .

Cruisin Sloth and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

They also say there is enough gold in the bottom of the seas to make every person on earth a millionaire ,, but it's to expensive to retrieve it .

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Using dandelion seeds as my unit of measure, I'm already a multi-billionaire....can't see where adding to that would make me any happier.....so don't bother expending any effort on my behalf.

SB21, Ganado and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Well now when the former descendants of slaves get their reparations money....
    It will be well spent on gold teefies,Rims,Bras,Shoes,etc...Let em' have it....in Gold!

SB21 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7