My Latest Trailer Project.

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Kamp Krap, Oct 22, 2024 at 16:56.

1. Kamp Krap

Kamp Krap Monkey++

I got a wild hair and had some spare 2x6s and 2x4 floating around. This is the 24' Tilt Deck I bought last spring. Got one side done this morning and started on the other side before I took a lunch break. It lifts out of the pockets in one big piece LOL Will have a top flat board the length with Eye Bolts on the ends and center and just hook the chains on the tractor loader hook and lift it out center of mass. So I can switch from stake sides to flatbed fairly easily. Going to hit it with several coats of Deck Sealer since I didn't have treated lumber laying around.
    462857632_8880615455293218_1584029795924447164_n.

I had a bunch of 2x6 14s and 16s left over from doing the inside of the house. Enough to go 48" on the sides with 2" above to put cross hoops on to stabilize the sides and put roll over rag top on it.
    464081778_8880615621959868_7307854537337798957_n.

I am going to be moving some high dollar stuff in and really don't want the locals to see what I am pulling into the farm. And also going to be hauling large loads of scrap metal out to the salvage yard and this will make it a whole lot easier hauling the last 3 junk piles out.

And I also have one more 2000 mile round trip to TX and back to finish up moving the future MRS KRAP's stuff from there to here. This should give her 65 Mustang about as good of road protection as it gets. Between this trailer, the Livestock Trailer and a 18' flatbed I left parked at a friends in TX and 3 Trucks making the trip.......... We should be able to fit everything left in TX in and on the trailers and the truck beds LOL.

The more I use this tilt deck trailer the more I live it! The 8' Wide Deck Over gives plenty of side to side and 24' length is good enough for my purposes.

Makes a great hay delivery trailer to as flatbed it can handle 15 1000 pound round bales or 10 1500 pounders. Real handy for delivering to the customers that don't always have a loader tractor on site. Just tilt the deck up and they roll right off the end :) I did have to beef the hydraulics and cylinder up on it though to get it to lift the load without straining and petering out half way raised.
    bale 2.

One of the better things I have bought recently and I like it a lot better than the GN Trailer. And it is a whole lot lower to the ground than the GN.

2. Kamp Krap

Kamp Krap Monkey++

Got it mostly finished today :)
    464082771_8882551375099626_7182430865467690021_n.

463548387_8882551741766256_8873282855506895300_n.

duane, Bandit99, Gator 45/70 and 5 others like this.
  3. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Nice job on the trailer ,,
    Hope your final trip goes well ,,,

4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Looking good for an old retired dude!

sec_monkey, duane and Kamp Krap like this.
  5. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Sweet! Really nice job!

How is the Texan liking Illinois? That had to be a huge shock for her...

6. Kamp Krap

Kamp Krap Monkey++

She is originally from Northern Ohio :) I think what really shocked her the most is just how much work is available in Southern IL. I don't think she really believed me when I told her that there are A LOT more jobs available than there are people willing to work here. She turned down A lot of $20+ per hour offers because she doesn't want to work 40+ hours per week and doesn't have to. She wants the 32.5 most places call full time to get the Health Insurance and other benefits. So she took at offer from the Huck's Gas Station/Store 8 miles away in town for the $14 per hour min wage and gets a raise to $15 per hour January 1st when the min wage goes up to $15. Not a bad deal really and Huck's is a decent place to work and a whopping 10 minutes from the farm. All of the $20+ jobs were 45 minutes to a hour away. Anyway she is loving it here in particular the woods, the trails and the lake and ponds. Illinois is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be..... In particular Southern IL.

7. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

It seems the south is always better --the southern US --the southern part of most states

CraftyMofo likes this.
  8. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

@Kamp Krap Yeah, when people say 'Illinois' we all immediately think of that cesspool Chicago.

SB21 and sec_monkey like this.
  9. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

I’d argue the northern part of Michigan is better, lol.

Kamp Krap and sec_monkey like this.
  10. Kamp Krap

Kamp Krap Monkey++

Yeah MI and Upstate NY would be two exceptions.

IL has 3 very distinct regions Northern, Central and Southern and Four if you county Cook County. Each region is pretty unique in terrain and culture. Sadly 4 Blue counties dominate the other 98 deep Red Counties. IL really should be two if not 3 individual States and Chicago Should be its own City State since really none of the 3 regions want anything to do with it.

johnbb, CraftyMofo and SB21 like this.
  11. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

There are exceptions my uncle lives in upstate NY very conservative area

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7