Municipal street decorations in your town?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hot diggity, Jan 2, 2019.

1. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Every town I passed through on my Christmas and New Years travels was lit with cheerful seasonal decorations. Most are generic white snow flakes and candy red canes, but some nearer the beach are a bit different.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Have you seen any unusual light pole decorations in towns near you?

2. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

All we have are flowers in the summer

[​IMG] flower pots hanging over a bridge favored by the bums living under.

[​IMG]
    part of the "1% for Art" on any road project. Kinda neat in the dead of winter

[​IMG]
    downtown

[​IMG]
    Tourists love this kind of 'old time" lamp post. Taxpayers were outraged at the cost. Normal, I guess.

[​IMG]
    many 'public spaces' have large flower beds. You, comes out of property taxes. I least I get some flowers.... Again, downtown Anchorage.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    sec_monkey likes this.
  3. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Chesapeake Shores has all pictures of the Village I live in , 6 blocks square , Advantage age is 63+ as 70% are ..(kids in my eyes)
    That show is filmed here . in those 6 blocks are 15 banks !!
    A beer & burger is 40.00 here per person , not couple .
    Milk 1 usg/4L is 10.00 bucks .
    Sloth

sec_monkey likes this.
  4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Not much here in regard to decorating. I see colored lights but nothing more. I really did not pay attention nor have I gone into the actual city center.

5. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

The beautiful shore lines of Maine. They put these up year round as a treat to show you what you're in for if you move here.

[​IMG]

techsar and Tully Mars like this.
  6. duane

duane Monkey+++

Took Christ out of Christmas here and now few houses even bother to decorate and the biggest days of the season, and the most advertised, are black Friday and cyber Monday. Some families still get together and it has become more and more a dead week between Christmas and New Year for sort of a winter vacation. Towns are having a harder time justifying putting the money into decorations while the streets, bridges, parks, etc, fall apart and there is no money left after paying for the ever increasing costs of welfare, police, fire department, and the other "civil" service employees and their "unfunded" benefits.

techsar and enloopious like this.
  7. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Other than the few houses scattered around , I didn't go into any towns that I noticed any . But I liked the Blue Marlin lights .

oldman11 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7