Multiple Use for Maxi pads

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by Motomom34, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

If you have women in your life then you should be prepping these. If you don't have females in your life then you still should be prepping these. Many think of bartering whiskey & smokes but what about maxi pads?

7 Unusual Multi-Purpose Items For Survival | Survival skills, survival guns, survival guide

I really like the use as a shoe pad. Your feet are so important. Keeping them dry plus padded is a key thing. I have seen people put a band aid on the back of their heels when breaking in new shoes/boots. I use a mini pad. Just trim it, stick it to the back of the shoe and it gives much better padding then a band aid.

Following is a video of a man who gives his opinion on Israeli bandage vs. maxi pad & ace bandage. My opinion below.

Yes, he makes a great point on cost effectiveness but there is no pressure point when using the maxi pad/ace bandage. Though you probably could use something for pressure.

** I have the Israeli bandages in my first aid bag and I also carry the maxi/mini pads & ace bandages. If a wound is bleeding but not needing extra pressure then I would use a maxi or mini pad.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
    Yard Dart, stg58, Marck and 1 other person like this.
  2. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I used hospital size Kotex sanitary napkins as part of the air filtration on my diving compressors...always enjoyed going on a shopping trip for them, women kept advising me that what I wanted surely wasn't what I was sent after.

Motomom34, kellory and Ganado like this.
  3. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

@melbo has paddock full of feminine products.

Sometimes you can pick these up in the clearance isle at grocery stores. Brand doesn't matter . . . buy them all. These are definitely something to barter with if things ever got that bad.

If it never comes to that, when you're 70, start hanging the other variety on your Christmas tree . . . at least you can get a kick out of the $$ you spent. Stick the pads on the grandkids for protection.

Yard Dart, Motomom34 and Ganado like this.
  4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

LOL! @CATO.

@Seacowboys us women tend to be helpful when we find men in the unmentionable aisle. :)

stg58 and Ganado like this.
  1. Motomom34
  2. Motomom34
  3. Ganado
  4. Shinzo
  5. Motomom34
  6. Motomom34
  7. Motomom34
  8. Ganado
  9. Motomom34
  10. Motomom34
  11. Motomom34