Gear Review MSR Alpine Stowaway Pot/Pan

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Brokor, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

DSC00020.JPG
    MSR ALPINE STOWAWAY POT
    • Versatile: Great for storing gear or supplies when you're not cooking.
    • Secure: Hinged, easy-lift handle flips over the fitted lid to lock it in place.
    • Material: Stainless Steel
    • Volume : 475 ml. 16.1 fl. oz. ,775 ml. 26.2 fl. oz., 1.1 L 37.2 fl oz. , 1.6 L 54.1 fl. oz.
    • Weight: 475 ml. 9.5 oz. ,775 ml. 13 oz., 1.1 L 15.5 oz., 1.6 L 1 lbs 3.5 oz.
    DSC00021.JPG DSC00019.JPG

I find this pan to be the best choice for backpacking, and it really suits my needs when it comes to cooking. Generally, I do not use the mini cook sets and I don't invest in titanium cookware, but I try to find a sensible means to accommodate my needs without removing the durability and practicality of the kit I choose.

Interesting features
    :
    This pan comes with a removable lid, and the lid fits perfectly, too. I can easily use this for a stew or without a lid to fry up some venison. The handle folds out and although it doesn't lock into place, it is sturdy. The lid comes with a holder on top where the pot handle slips through before clipping down for storage. The retention clip on the side clamps down firmly to keep this all together. Since you will have space inside, it's a perfect container for your spices and scrub sponge, or other field kit.

Buy Here On Amazon by Using Our Affiliate Link

Final Remarks:
    The pan is very sturdy, and even though stainless steel is heavier than titanium, for the money it can't be beaten. You can easily use and abuse this pan and not feel guilty at all because it will stand up to the test.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
    stg58, Sapper John, kellory and 2 others like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Looks like my Popcorn Popping Pan....

1. Baba
  2. JC Refuge
  3. Coyote Ridge
  4. Alanaana
  5. Coyote Ridge
  6. Dunerunner
  7. ditch witch
  8. Ganado
  9. Zimmy