Mrs Krap Update.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kamp Krap, Oct 15, 2023.

1. Kamp Krap

Kamp Krap Monkey++

She had her final Chemo last Monday. And all of the blood test that go with it, And a MRI on Tuesday and a Appointment with the Oncologist on Thursday. Her cancer markers in the blood have been in free fall from 800 at the start to 32 in this weeks test and she is now up to 117 pounds, to put her current weight in perspective she weighed 230 when this started a year ago. No she was NOT a small Woman but in a healthy way, I married a Amazon :) Her low weight during this cancer nightmare came in at 84 pounds. So her weight going back up and finally breaking the 115 pound goal this week was a major milestone for us! The MRI looked great. And the normally Doom and Gloom Oncologist said "I am cautiously hopeful that the cancer has been cured." In two months she gets another round of testing and another MRI and if everything is still good and the cancer markers still in decline Doc says then we can relax a breath a little easier. I DO NOT LIKE THE ONCOLOGIST even a little bit, and Doc sits in on all of MRS Kraps Oncologist appointments now, either virtually or in person depending on Doc Schedule. Might be overkill but Doc ask all of the right questions and does not mind objecting if he does not agree with the oncologist. Doc is a 1 in 1 million and I am proud to not only call him my Doctor but one of my best friends. After bringing Mrs Krap back from deaths door after a really bad call by the Oncologist, MRS Krap got over her dislike of Docs Crass, blunt, lack of bedside manor and calls Doc her Doctor now. Doc does not have much in the way of tact and just tells it the way it is.

So it looks like and I say this with a lot of caution, that we have beat the nasty ass pancreatic cancer back and hopeful that we have totally beat it. From my perspective this week has been like a 1 tone steel I beam has been taken off of my shoulders. I can't speak for Mrs Krap but she sure has been a lot happier and actually talking about the future since the last appointment. Not one comment to me that starts out "When I am gone........" I am sorry but that shit weighs heavy on the spouse! The when she is gone has hung heavy in the back of my mind and doesn't need any feeding :)

At the same time I feel bad because so many people I know have passed away with Pancreatic Cancer that had progressed past the point of surgery or hope of successful treatment and are in extend as long as you can treatments. It is one those bitter pills that makes you happy that your wife has a good shot at the cancer being cured but very sad that so many folks you know did not have the same opportunity. Pancreatic cancer spreads so fast and so far that by the time there are symptons it is just too late to cure it :(

The only reason MRS Kraps was caught early enough to have a reasonable chance of successful treatment was the Tumor in her pancreas pushed her bile duct shut and turned her a lovely shade of yellow. And they thought it was a gall stone lodged in the bile duct. Surgeon went down to remove the stone and found the tumor instead of a stone. The Cancer had only made it into her lymphnodes, bile duct and duodenum at that point. The Surgeon that did the whipple procedure on her, cut A LOT of stuff out of her and then basically rebuilt it with what was left. That day was the longest 17 hours of surgery that I could imagine and in the post op meeting with the surgeon she looked and sounded totally exhausted. Cut test the tissue for cancer cells, cut some more out repeat over and over and over. She said that 2-3 more weeks and it would have been inoperable. And on a personal note that the worst part of her job is telling people that they are not a candidate for surgery because it has just progressed too far.

Mrs Krap will never be what she was before Cancer but I will take alive, functional, mostly pain free and talking about the future again instead of being stuck on the "When I am Gone" Subject. Even if that turns out to be only two months of the weights lifted off of us. Hope is a powerful thing! And I hope it is another 20 years past the 2 Months between now and the next round of testing! I have gone through some brutally hard shit in my life. This last year has been the absolute hardest!

GOG, GrayGhost, mysterymet and 14 others like this.
  2. sasquatch91

sasquatch91 Monkey+++

Hopefully its all good from here on out!

GrayGhost, Ura-Ki, SB21 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Great news! Thanks for letting us know. This is great to start the day with! Thanks!

GrayGhost, SB21 and Kamp Krap like this.
  4. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

That's great news for you both . You've certainly got a 1 in a million doctor there . It seems most these days don't want to put in the extra work to find the cure ,, and just want to throw pills at it and move on to an easier project .
    I pray you're giving us more great news in 2 months. Tell Mrs Krap we're praying for you both .

GrayGhost, mysterymet, duane and 3 others like this.
  5. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I agree. My GP treats me like I'm a number - she's all business and nothing more. I get more of a personal touch from an In-and-Out Burger. LOL! I'm about ready to try some place new...

GrayGhost, duane, Kamp Krap and 2 others like this.
  6. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

God definitely watching over her!! I don’t believe in luck. Sounds like Mrs. Krap is on the mend and all my prayers and well wishes are headed your way…

GrayGhost, duane and Kamp Krap like this.
  7. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Good news. Gotta give the surgeon a lot of credit God was guiding her hand Mrs Krap will be in my prayers. Now Kamp you gotta fatten her up.

GrayGhost and Kamp Krap like this.
  8. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Thanks for letting us know.
    Sloth

9. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

prayers sent...

10. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Best news I've heard all day! Continued prayers for you both! (y)

11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Great news!!!! Glad things are going her way for sure!

12. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

[Moto]

GrayGhost, Gator 45/70 and Kamp Krap like this.
  13. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Wonderful news! That's pretty rough stuff and I wish her a complete recovery and many, many years of health!

Hope the Big C trips and falls into a pit of lime just before the dirt gets dumped.

14. Kamp Krap

Kamp Krap Monkey++

Thanks guys! Long road from there to here and it ain't quite over yet but looking a whole lot smoother ahead!

15. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Good for you and her, KK. Don't give up, either of you. Looks like she may have a real shot.

GrayGhost, Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  16. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

17. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

Great news. Wishing you both the best of luck.

GrayGhost likes this.
  18. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Great to hear some good news. Prayers for her continued good health.

[​IMG]

GrayGhost, Altoidfishfins and SB21 like this.
  19. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Great news! Having a positive outlook is the way to go.
    Continued prayers for many more years of life.

GrayGhost and SB21 like this.
  20. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Glad to hear the good news!

GrayGhost likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7