molnupiravir SARS-CoV-2 anti-viral

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by sec_monkey, Oct 1, 2021.

1. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

Dunerunner, duane and techsar like this.
  2. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

I wonder if it will work on other viral entities, since it appears to be somewhat effective on multiple covid variants and MERS.

duane and sec_monkey like this.
  3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Hum, this is Interdasting! Will have to see it it really works like they say!

duane likes this.
  4. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

IMO,
    Ivermectin has a better track record I am sticking with it.

5. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

It is Ivermectin.

6. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

It probably explains why Merck has been non commital about supporting use of their anti-parasitic product when they have a product tailor made as an anti-viral that is likely to gain FDA approval.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2021
    duane likes this.
  7. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Not so...they both have a very different chemical composition / formula and as I understand it, they affect the body somewhat differently.
    Mulnupirovir C13H19N3O7 vs Ivermectin C48H74O14 (22,23-dihydroavermectin B1a) C47H72O14 (22,23-dihydroavermectin B1b),

It will be interesting to see how their contraindications compare...as well as toxicity potential.

Molnupiravir - Wikipedia
    Ivermectin - Wikipedia

As to the discovery and development timeline of Molnupiravir:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
  8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

This is the treatment that did Phase3 Trials at Fred Hutch in Seattle… I believe…

9. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

10. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Wow, am I surprised!

Ura-Ki likes this.
  11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

My lab has a tumor in her mouth, So on a whim yesterday I gave her a dollop of ivermectin.
    I swear that it looks to have reduced in size by 1/3rd this am. So I just gave her some more.
    We shall see ?

Dont, mysterymet and Ura-Ki like this.
  12. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I am convinced Covid-19 is nothing but a huge hoax. Here we are 18-24 months into this and no laboratory in the world has isolated the virus, actually found it, and the reason for that is simple because it doesn't exist! Those pictures we see of the spike protein, all computer generated as to what they THINK it looks like. Yeah, people are getting sick because they ALWAYS get sick most from Influenza A or B. Look at the overall death rates for the country, have they increased greatly. No, they have not. Furthermore, the damn test can't tell the difference between Influenza A, B or COVID And, the so-called PCR Test which the FDA withdrew its approval isn't a test at all! It is a procedure to amplify the sample in order to be able to get a larger test specimen - DNA is small. This whole damn thing is nothing but a lie! Hell, 18 months ago they said there was going to be bodies in the streets, overflowing morgues. This is nothing but a means to grab power and ensure they controlled the last presidential election and it worked so well they cannot let it go until they get their Bills approved because while it might be hard to get approval it is impossible to stop programs once they have been implemented. Impossible! And, now the shortages - across the board - are getting serious, damn serious, and that does scare me.

But, what about all those old folks in hospices that died? Probably from the Covid scare, wasn't getting treatment they needed for the obvious reasons, lack of staff, etc. What about all the packed hospitals? Lies, damn lies, and statistics! Probably more to do now that many medical staff refused to get jabbed so they are short staff. And, now thousands are losing their employment because they refused to get jabbed...and the REAL underlying reason they won't is because they cannot trust the government far enough to throw them. How can we/they, have they told us ANY truth since it started? Have they not been caught manipulated data even on the CDC website and marking all deaths as Covid? Have they not told us one thing then the next day tell us something 100% different, almost consistently? What the hell have they done right to give any logic based person a bit of confidence in them? And, now a Senator is saying the vaccine that is being used in America is not even the FDA approved one?

Anyway, sorry for Sunday morning rant but this whole entire mess has been nothing but a lie from day one and I'm sick of it and refuse to listen to it any longer, they can stick it in their rectum. Who the hell is in charge of this mad house because I want out! One cannot even trust the supposedly best medical care in the world here in America anymore.

And, now we really do have problem because there are shortages everywhere. And, America is slowly grinding to a halt and I believe that is exactly what they want.

Motomom34, Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  13. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Ever read the UN agenda 21?
    it is no conspiracy and no joke.
    Those in power are anxious to reduce the population for more control over it. bottom line.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

No, I have not but perhaps I should. No, I will. I will do so today. Something is so rotten about all of this that one cannot even hold your nose and carry on any longer.

15. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

They are different chemically but the mechanism of action is all the same as Ivermectin. In fact, that is why Pfizer's version is called Pfizermectin.

mysterymet likes this.
  16. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

Or... They dissed their own product Ivermectin which was super cheap and showing to be very effective, in favor of rushing something similar to market that will fetch an estimated $700 per 7 week dose.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7