Missoura Hog Killen

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scavenger Flatbedder, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Scavenger Flatbedder

Scavenger Flatbedder Scavenging The Wasteland

ddd

2. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Awesome!

I'd really like to learn to cure my own bacon, you'll have to report on that.

Looks like a good time (especially that wood fired breakfast).

3. Scavenger Flatbedder

Thanks Black Jack,
    I would like to encourage others to get out and go to the meets and gatherings that folks put on for preppers.I have been to several around the United States and the Friends and Good Times cannot be beat.
    The info shared,conversations and gear exchanged are memories to last a lifetime.

4. the dog

the dog Monkey+++

looks like you folks had a great time.nothing like homegrown food....keep up the good work.

5. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Looks like it was a good time. Sorry I wasnt able to make it.

6. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Great pics.... Thanks for sharing.....
    What kind of knives do you prefer.... and what kind of hatchet is that?.....

7. Scavenger Flatbedder

Hi all,
    I use several types that are from the Old Hickory line,skinner,boning,butcher,slicer.Mine are old that were made at Shapleigh Forge.They are good quality knives.I picked them up at antique stores,flea markets and yard sales.I am not sure how good of quality these newer production Old Hickorys are.I used my Randall Hunter to slit his throat.
    The hatchet is a Gransfors Bruks AB.Very good quality.
    Monkeyman,there is always next time.I plan to be at your gathering,thats advertised in the meet and greet forum in May.The other gentlemen that were here said they may as well.They'll contact ya to confirm.

8. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Thanks for the pics, it's been forever since I have been in a slaughterhouse. Home raised always seems to taste better than what you buy packaged. Looks like a good time. [winkthumb]

9. FalconDance

FalconDance Neighborhood Witch

You said chili and I see scrambled eggs and toast. Y'all must cook differently up there in the north reaches ;).

~Falcon

10. Scavenger Flatbedder

Thats some of that Missoura Yeller Chilli. [fnny]

11. ChemicalGal

ChemicalGal Monkey+++

Great pictures, you & Monkeyman have a lot in common. Sorry I wasn't there to see it and meet you all
    CG

12. Scavenger Flatbedder

Thats ok.There will be more.
    BTW,I really like your avatar.

13. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

Scavenger

It looks like it was a good time. I would have liked to make it but I'm finishing up getting my sawmill set up and I have 2 different people wanting me to log their properties. So my plate is way overloaded right now.

OGM

14. Scavenger Flatbedder

No prob OGM,
    A mans gotta take care of his #1 priority first.
    For that I salute you.[respect]

15. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Cool, thanks for the post. I help process my first deer last fall. Don't think I'm quite ready to do one on my own just yet, but if I really had to, I could get some meat off and feed my family.

Rayn

16. Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger Patriotic Pirate

We all had a great time at SF's place, in spite of the weather. Well, everybody but the hog did, at least. Got to evaluate a bit of heretofore unused gear, had some great conversation, and had a great time in general. The pics are of breakfast, the chili for lunch was quite normal, if I say so myself.[LMAO] We might have spent time in the mud, but we did not suffer from a lack of food! Y'all will have to get out and come to the next one!

17. Joe Dan

Joe Dan Monkey+++

I had a great time despite the weather that AK47 brought along.
    It was cool meeting the others and discussing all those things we have in common.
    Scavenger and his wife were excellent hosts, we ate well, slept comfortably, warmed up when we needed to and worked hard.
    Learned a lot too.

Y'all need to get out and meet folks - you won't regret it.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7