Milwaukee 2527-20 M12 FUEL HATCHET 6-Inch Pruning Saw

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HK_User, Aug 26, 2020.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

New toy on the way.
    I really like the big saw but this is handy to have on the 4 wheeler
    More when it arrives.
    HK

[​IMG]

Milwaukee 2527-20 M12 FUEL HATCHET 6-Inch Pruning Saw, Tool Only

$179.00 Tool only.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Looks good to try. After you post a review in this thread, we'll move it to the gear review forum.

Tully Mars and HK_User like this.
  3. duane

duane Monkey+++

The new brushless tools are unbelievable, long battery life with the higher voltages and Milwaukee makes some good ones. If you get one, register it and jump thru all the hoops to get repair coverage a long as possible. More used to Dewalt ones, do warranty on them. Motor, electronics, battery contacts, gearbox, all one piece. They have enough power that if used a lot, commercial really, they will in time tear themselves to bits and if out of warranty, may cost 2/3 rds the total cost of tool, battery, and charger to fix. At that point may as well get new one with batteries etc.

Landscapers in this area going strong on cordless chainsaws, 60 v ones, , no bad gas, no mix, little noise, etc. Since they are usually cutting up a fallen limb, cutting a branch in way of mower, and such, works perfectly. Cordless, 60 volt tools are replacing a lot of corded tools in construction. Hammer drill to set anchors in concrete to hold sills, grinders to cut rebar, trim saws to replace trim boards, sawsall to cut out a sill to put in a door, fastening metal roofing and siding,working on cars at the local garage with drills, grinders, impact wrenches, all dominated by cordless and all basically throw away tools. 60 volt seem to run cooler and longer than 20 v. With a 60 v setup and solar, could do a lot of work off grid and charge when the sun is shining so the battery storage is in the tool and not you 110 system. Have old Bosch and Dewalt tools that never seem to die, so haven't any real experience in the new ones other fixing them.

While a lot of propaganda, this add does show some of what is out there. DEWALT 16 in. 60V MAX Lithium-Ion Cordless FLEXVOLT Brushless Chainsaw with (1) 3.0Ah Battery and Charger Included-DCCS670X1 - The Home Depot -

The bar oil will leak out for some reason, either drain it or placing it so the bar is above the saw, on its side seems to help, and if you over tighten it with the built in chain tensioner, you can break the adjuster. Biggest problem I have had is small micro sw in chain brake failing and we have to replace 2/3 rds of saw to replace it. Chain brake works and if saw doesn't seem to work, try resetting chain brake first, it not only locks chain, but disconnects motor power. With 16 in Oregon bar, it is not a toy.

ghrit and HK_User like this.
  4. HK_User

New XC Batteries and charger are great. F12 has a max of XC 6.0 battery

Had an early Oregon Lectric, broke early on (plastic chain sharpener) and no parts for warranty so I got a Milwaukee. I may try to get it fixed if they have parts now.

5. HK_User

DSCF5252.JPG
    When I had the Well pressure Tank Leak I used this to make the patch for the hole, perfect match from an older tank saved for a Watering trough.
    Milwaukee 2522-20 M12 FUEL 3-Inch Compact Cut Off Tool (Bare Tool)
    [​IMG]

The Fan for working in tight hot spaces is a life saver.

[​IMG]

Tully Mars likes this.
  6. HK_User

"With 16 in Oregon bar, it is not a toy."
    Just a figure of speech as I have used many different chain saws over the years.
    Respect them or loose you life or limbs.

The Milwaukee chain saws have more teeth and cut quick.

7. duane

duane Monkey+++

Not meant that they were not to be respected, rather meant they could do some serious work. Ones made 5 years or so ago would not really work if used for wood heat cutting, etc, only as a brush cutter on 2 to 3 inch stuff.

It would seem to me that different electric chain saws are optimized for different tasks, short bar and many teeth would be best for limbing, 16 in bar and regular chain would be best for multiple cutoffs of 6 to 12 in logs or limbs to be split into firewood.

On a basis of opsec, the signature noise of a gas chainsaw will carry at least 100's of feet,, that of an electric is much quieter and of a "yard tool" or lawn mower not a chainsaw. Could be an important consideration in some cases.

HK_User and Gray Wolf like this.
  8. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Hmmm a concealed carry chain saw.

9. HK_User

Meets Pistol Requirements, splatter shield might be needed.

10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

To quote "the dictator":
    "Don't use [it] with out the splash guard"

HK_User likes this.
  11. duane

duane Monkey+++

Yep, new hi tech, green, cleanable chain saw for Leatherface and other madmen with homicide on their mind. Does away with all that pulling on the cord trying to get it to start, but you loose that roaring sound of it revving up that makes the hair on your back stand up. Now Mr. Leatherface, if you fill out this warranty card, we will send you a $25 gift card and what is your address in Texas?

SB21 and HK_User like this.
  12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The electric saws have so much starting torque you could push them against the target hit the trigger.

13. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

That fan is da bomb. I've switched over to the fuel line of tools completely. Have a bud that gets them at cost +10. This line blows the Dewalt 20v stuff out of the water.

14. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

Its real cute and I can see why one might desire it. But the kerf it cuts is almost a 1/4” wide. A simple reciprocal saw with an aggressive blade will cut almost as fast and because of the much narrower kerf, about a forth the size, you get a lot more cuts per battery. I use a battery sawzall around the farm stead for small limbs etc. I can certainly see the advantages of a bigger battery saw; my brother in law uses a couple on his farm with regularity and I like them. But this small... I’m thinking just stick with the battery reciprocating saw.

15. HK_User

The battery reciprocating saw used on hard, long dead Mesquite tends to beat it's self to death. Even with the best Swedish blades. In short it bounces back and forth and no way to lock it into the cut as a chain saw does.

duane likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7