M14/M1A's

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by RightHand, Aug 31, 2005.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

How many M14/M1A enthusiasts do we have onboard (beside me)?

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I like them, but don't own one at the time. The only 7.62x51 that I have right now is a G3.

3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I like them!
    dsc02892_414.

4. E.L.

Melbo likes them too much, he should donate to those in need....... [tytyty]

5. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

My favorite MBR is the M14/M1A.I have always been a fan of them.However when a group that I run with decided on a group standard weapon, the Fal won out over the M1A. I'm not complaining tho.It's a fine rifle too.But I am more of a traditionalist.The M14 is a riflemans rifle.The only mistake the Army ever made with them was making a full auto version.Blasphemy!! Take a perfect riflemans weapon and turn it into a spray and pray gun!

6. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

I would like to adopt the one on the top. Thanks melbo.

7. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I like the one on top too Clyde. I guess I'm a purist at heart

8. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Ditto that RightHand.

I can't afford one but I've always wanted one. However, I'm a realist and it would be one more caliber to have to feed so I'll live with what I have and unless one drops into my hands (and if I'd of known what I was looking at 8 months ago - well I'd be owning one right now because I saw one at the gunshow for $600), bought the Colt Commander instead.

Still love the lines of them though - dang classic weapon.

9. melbo

I admit, of the 3, the Wood Stock SA with all TRW USGI parts is my favorite too. THe SOCOM was a trade and the TROY Industries SOPMOD, while extremely sexy, is more of an investment piece.

10. E.L.

Ooooh okay, then I will take one of those off your hands............ [melbo]

11. RightHand

Not too long ago Steve Troy came down to Sadlak Industries (they sell our products) and brought some of his toys - it was a fun day cause he's got nice toys.

12. melbo

Ask him where my medevil FH is... Been waiting for it for 4 months now... lol

13. az1

az1 Monkey+++ Founding Member

love my scout! [beer] ...looking to rid my self of my wood stock
    and go plastic......multi cam paint of course! :shock:

14. RightHand

We've got this DCM M14 with a TRW receiver at Sadlak Industries. Here it is with the alternate stock. I prefer the wood stock but this is my favorite rifle.
    si_dcm_cammo0776.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2013
  15. RightHand

How many gals get to play with an M14 at work?
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2013
  16. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

You get to have all the fun RightHand!!!

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

17. az1

az1 Monkey+++ Founding Member

... [kneelsuckers] ...nice...

18. melbo

OK, new rule. All pics that include a Computer Monitor must be showing SM Forum on the screen :D

19. RightHand

That's a given! b::

20. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

clyde's gun adoption program 2005 has just received a bouncing baby M1A.

That thing feels like a gun. I got a woody........stock (you dirty minded fools) [touchdown] [dancindevil]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7