Lost or Found?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gator 45/70, Jul 29, 2022.

1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I'm sure we all have lost or found something of value by now in our lifetime.
    Some call it Luck or lack of or fate or lack there of like yesterday's adventure.

Was in the local Academy yesterday (yes they have primers) when the call of mother nature rang so off I go
    about halfway taking care of business some young guy walks by the door and asked Sir is my phone in there?
    I look around and sure enough a black phone is on top of the black toilet paper dispenser.
    I thought the dude had left so about a minute later I finish up unlock the door and a young cat is standing there.
    I ask him Were you the one looking for a phone?
    He's like yes sir so I hand it to him and off he goes.
    Another guy is washing his hands and so I tell him You know I could have taken a couple of interesting pictures for the lad.
    We had a chuckle about that.
    About the primers since some may ask, Started at 7.99 per 100 Others were at 8.99 per 100
    Don't recall the price vs application, I passed on them all.

Now what have you lost or found?

natshare, duane, Tully Mars and 2 others like this.
  2. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Found a 5 dollar bill yesterday in the grass by the mailbox. Found a Marlin Glenfield .22 leaned against a tree in 1980, still have it. Never could find who it belonged to. Lost a Garmin GPS60 somewhere. Miss it but won't replace it.

Cruisin Sloth and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

I had lost my way but found a good woman that saved my life.

oldawg, Gator 45/70 and Homer Simpson like this.
  4. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I lost 30 pounds but found it again a few months later.

OldDude49, DKR and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

During Hurricane Florence I lost my hearing aids one boot and an ammo can full of mica chimneys for Coleman lanterns. We eventually lost the house when it was deemed uninhabitable due to the water damage.

I find interesting stuff laying in the road. Found a lawyers briefcase, a cabbies GPS and all her work paperwork, found wallets, and used to find cash hanging in the bushes near an old corner gas station. I think all of it was stuff people put on their roof. Folks were just overjoyed to get their stuff back. Lawyer wrote me a very large thank you check.

I've found lots of cats, but the only ones I bring home have extra parts or missing parts. Polydactyl, one eyed, three legs, ear missing, toothless. Those are the kind of cats I like.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2022
    Tempstar and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7