Look at this

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bishop, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Ok look at this and tell me what is wrong or what the solution is KIMG1487_01.JPG

UncleMorgan likes this.
  2. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

Hmmm "no heat, and erupting fires"?

3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Develop "an emotional connection with the (student) group leader" of course.....well, that's what it says on the web-site promo blurb.

A lack of heat didn't seem to prevent Arctic convoys getting through to Murmansk and Arkangel during WW2.

[​IMG]
    Arctic convoys of World War II - Wikipedia

And......snowflakes gibes coming in ....3....2.....1.....

UncleMorgan and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Ice is a very dangerious thing, when it builds up on a ships hull and Above water Structures... To the point that the crew MUST break the Ice off the structure, or risk capsizing the craft... The North Pacific and Bering Sea, are notorious for Building Ice on Ships... Many a Winter Crab Fishery has been CLOSED, due to massive Icing of the Crab Fleet... The USCG Ice Breakers have heated Hulls and SuperStructure using the waste Heat from the Engine Room, to allo w them to operate in Arctic and Anarctic enviorments in heavy Icing Conditions...

5. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Is Mcgyver still being filmed ? It says " Episode 32 Original air date 12/8/2017 " . Wouldn't #32 have been played back in the 70s ?

UncleMorgan likes this.
  6. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Obviously climate scientists. They should demand the global warming they have been promising us.

7. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

No heat and erupting fires,,,,,wouldn't the fires make heat ?

8. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

It's a new series. The new McGuyver is the least interesting character in the show. At least they haven't resorted to making an IED out of pine cones that was detonated by magnifying glass yet.

9. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Ok. I don't have regular TV, so I don't know what kind of new shows are out.

10. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

It is a crappy series on broadcast TV where you CBS.....

11. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Exactly

12. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I guess one would have to be able to think in order to stay warm.

Those boys are doomed.

13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

We spent a lot of time in the north Atlantic. Never had the least problem with ice. heheheheh -----

That said the stability calcs for surface ships are critical. The more complex the ship is above the water line, the greater the hazard.

This new McGyver is pretty low grade, sez me and mebbe me only.

14. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Ice doesn’t form much under water, on subs....

15. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Nope not only you. I guess the younger generations can't come up with anything original so make crappy recreations of good shows......... Unless the new freak shows count as worth sitting down to watch. But they just make my eyes and head hurt trying to figure out what plot the idiots on the idiot box are trying to act out is. Wife explained it to me though............. Mindless entertainment for mindless people.

16. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

What's a television?

17. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

It's not a documentary, it's a movie. remember story book fantasy .
    Knowing modern writers, they paint the ship with bacon grease and save the whole crew.

18. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

Weaponized flicker rate hypnosis device designed to generate consumption through advertising.

UncleMorgan, Motomom34, SB21 and 4 others like this.
  19. AbbyL

AbbyL Monkey

If this is a new TV show, are they scientist trying to test the coldest-degree thresh-hold level a human body can handle, during the midst of insurmountable odds and challenges in nature, against them? A Science Experiment gone dangerously rogue? Just my thoughts inspired by my being life-science inquisitive and curious about life. :):rolleyes::D

UncleMorgan likes this.
  20. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

Mind control for the mindless. What could be more perfect?

Ura-Ki likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7