Letter to an Anti-Trump

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldDude49, Aug 8, 2020.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

This appears to be both political and religious so??? please move to where you believe it belongs...

couple of quick lookies and post of the site as the article is very long!

"The question now facing the nation is not, “Does Donald Trump have an exemplary moral character?” or, “Does Donald Trump have flaws?” or even, “Do I like Donald Trump?” The question is, “Which of two package deals is better for the nation?”

(a) Donald Trump and Republican policies or

(b) Joe Biden and Democratic policies?

There are no other choices. The nation will either have the option (a) or option (b) as a whole package for at least the next four years, and probably longer. If I withhold support from Trump, that makes it easier for Biden to win, and thereby for Democratic policies to bring (in my opinion) great destructiveness to the nation (more specifics below.)

In making a choice between package (a) and package (b), questions about a candidate’s character of course are relevant. But, to my mind, the question is not, “Does Donald Trump have flaws?” but rather, “Is Donald Trump so clearly unsuited to be president that our only valid choice is to accept package (b) and the great damage to the nation that (in my opinion) will flow from Joe Biden and Democratic policies?” When I ask the question in that way, the answer is clearly No, and it isn’t even close. Package (a) is far preferable.

You mentioned possibly voting for a third party candidate. But that would not change the fact that the nation will have either package (a) or package (b). Therefore, a third party vote would be throwing away your opportunity to influence the government of this nation for good in the laws and policies it enacts. “Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to do it” (Proverbs 3:27). You have an opportunity (by voting) to help protect the nation from great harm that would come from the Democratic party policies (see below) and to help the nation by promoting the great good that would come from Republican party policies. These laws and policies will set the course of the nation for years to come in ways that will far outweigh any harm that might come from Donald Trump’s abrasive behavior."

another one...

"I have posted on my website a list of 25 good things that President Trump has done while in office, and dozens more could be added. Do these actions show evidence that he “wants people to hate each other”? Certainly not. In fact, I support all 25 of those actions.

If I evaluate Donald Trump’s policies and actions not as a hostile observer but as a sympathetic observer, I think his actions are consistent with someone who is genuinely seeking to do good for the nation. The reason I favor the Republican policy positions that I mentioned above is because I think they are best for the nation, not because I’m interested in promoting division and not because I want people to hate each other. Is it not possible that Donald Trump similarly supports those Republican policy positions for a good motive, and that he too thinks they are best for the nation?"

n one more...

"Over 80% of evangelical voters supported Donald Trump not because they liked him as a person but because they favored most or all of these policies:

- originalist judges,

- pro-life policies,

- a stronger military,

- a free-market economic system,

- lower taxes,

- fewer government regulations,

- strong support for Israel,

- clearheaded recognition of the economic, military, and information threat of China

- a high value placed on human freedom,

- personal accountability for committing crimes,

- good jobs and school choice as the best way to help the poor,

- a strong border wall and a secure border, followed by a comprehensive reform of our immigration system,

- careful extraction and clean use of carbon-based fuels (coal, oil, natural gas),

- freedom of conscience (government should not force Christians to use their artistic skills to convey a message of approval of same-sex marriage or to use their medical skills to perform an abortion, or to use their pharmacies as the distribution point for drugs that cause abortion),

- racial inequalities in income and quality of education should primarily be solved by

- greater availability of tax-supported school choice in low-income neighborhoods,

- economic growth resulting in more and better jobs, and

- an increase in safety through an increase in police presence in high crime neighborhoods

-medical marijuana should be allowed (with a prescription from a doctor) but recreational marijuana should be prohibited, and

- restrooms, locker rooms, and single-gender sports teams should be restricted to people of one biological sex or the other.

On the other hand, I fail to see how an evangelical Christian who believes in the moral values of the Bible could support the increasingly far-left Democratic Party. How could Christian in good conscience support a party that promotes laws and policies that

- allow abortion up to the moment of birth,

- authorize the use of our tax money to pay for abortions and gender reassignment surgery,

- cripple our economy with ever-increasing government control and taxes,

- further cripple the economy with expensive Green New Deal energy regulations,

- increase unemployment,

- weaken our military in the face of increased aggressiveness by China,

- promote a Jimmy Carter-like foreign policy of appeasement,

- abandon Israel to fend for itself,

- nullify the Senate filibuster rule (both Obama and Biden have recently spoken about this) so that all legislation can be passed with only 50 senators plus the vice president casting the tie-breaking vote,

- support the rising influence of judges who are not constrained by the original meaning of the words of the Constitution or of the laws, perhaps even adding six additional seats to the Supreme Court in order to be able to give the court a new 10-5 majority of such justices (this could be done with control of both the House, the Senate, and the presidency)

- grant statehood to both Washington DC and Puerto Rico, thus adding four more Democrats to the U.S. Senate (I have heard three US senators already predict that the Democrats would do this if they had the votes)

- support draconian laws that compel an artistic professional or a professional counselor to affirm the validity of same-sex marriage even when that is contrary to the professional person’s conscience,

- reinstate the Obama-era guidelines that required schools to allow biological males who claim to be transgender females to use girls’ bathrooms, locker rooms, and showers (the guidelines were canceled by Trump),

- allow biological males to compete in women’s sports, setting new statewide records in women’s track events and other sports

- pass multiple new, extremely strict green energy laws that will massively increase energy costs and therefore will also increase the cost of everything that is made or transported with the use of energy,

-seek to defund the police (to be precise, Biden has said he favors “redirecting” some police funding to other programs, which is a partial “defunding” of police, which will lead predictably to a substantial increase in crime),

-use violence and intimidation to nullify freedom of speech (in practice) for those who disagree with them politically,

- support open borders and sanctuary cities in defiance of the law, and that

- promote a complete federal government takeover of our healthcare system."

the article... which is long... is here...

Letter to an Anti-Trump Christian Friend

GOG, Oddcaliber, Yard Dart and 9 others like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I am with you @OldDude49 Us Old Dudes gots to stick together....

GOG, Oddcaliber, Tully Mars and 3 others like this.
  3. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Add me to the old guy believer group!

4. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Me too
    [flag] Trump 2020. [flag]

Oddcaliber, Tully Mars and OldDude49 like this.
  5. duane

duane Monkey+++

While I totally agree with you, at least 40 % of the people I know would argue that the very strengths you describe are in fact the best reasons to replace him. I smile and no longer try to change their minds as the present polarization has reached a point that is now several religions trying to either convert those that disagree with them or destroy their ideas, either by law or social pressure. As mentioned earlier by the moderators closing one thread, any attempt to have an honest discussion degenerates into either people talking at each other or flame wars.

The best thing I can say for comments like those made by Old Dude 49 is that they show me that I am not alone in my beliefs as I agree with him, but I have very little hope in changing any one elses mind.

6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

My job is not to change ANYONES MIND, but to present the facts as I know them, and let them decide what they will... Once I do that, I feel absolved of any further responsibility for their beliefs... They have the free agency to decide for themselves, what they will...

Dont, Oddcaliber, Yard Dart and 4 others like this.
  7. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

What I witnessed among democrats is that they are for the destruction of America, so pointing out all these things is backing up their agenda.

Oddcaliber and OldDude49 like this.
  8. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

JMHO, all humans are flawed including me. Trump has been swimming up stream ever since the election against the Democrats. I'm just another old guy that is going to vote for Trump again.

9. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Bruce I agree to a point, but that stops when they want for force theirs on me.

OldDude49 likes this.
  10. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

I voted for Trump and I'm going to vote for him again.
    As a flawed human being I allow him his flaws. I was anything but a choirboy for many years, but I found mercy and grace.

I don't overlook his flaws, but there are none that overshadow his love for this country.
    I wanted a plainspoken fighter, our country needed him and I'll continue to stand with him.

OldDude49, Alf60 and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  11. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Neither the Democrats nor the republicans have introduced some one better qualified.

GOG likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7