Let us see your long range rifles guys and gals

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by TLynn, Aug 7, 2005.

1. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

First up - yeah I know bad picture and someday I'll take a good one of it...

My newest varmit rifle. Handbuilt for me and my baby (even has my name on the barrel - TLynn along with Tye's, the gentleman who built it for me).

A gorgeous 22-250. A dream to shoot (and I mean a dream).

[​IMG]

My baby. I just got him broken in and have yet to take him out for the full trials but am about ready to (going to pick up a bit higher set of rings though - these are just a bit too low even yet for this scope). Live and learn.

I have three more target rifles, one of which is a hunting rifle (Remington 700) and the other two are C&R rifles (oh wait this one started out as a C&R rifle as well). All of the rifles can and will go the long distances (unfortunately my eyes can not).

2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Nice looking rifle TLynn!!!

3. TLynn

Next up...Remington 700 30-06. Here we have your basic model with a 3x9x50 lighted reticle scope attached (it's fun to play with). So much fun I had to put a similar one on the 22-250, though the one on the 22-250 is more powerful (why I don't know but that's the way it worked out).

[​IMG]

This is an old picture - I say that because the carpet is still brown and now it's actually a purple type color - no I didn't do it that's mom's choice. After all it's her living room - I spend most of the time in my bedroom and workroom.

I keep hearing people talk about tricking out their Remington's and how you've got to have 308's, etc. All just so they can shoot 100 yards or so accurately? WTF is with that? This is a beat up used rifle and it shoots at 100-200 yards just fine (well for me anyway - I'm left eyed so forget anybody else trying to use the scope and hit anything with it).

Two more rifles to follow in the days to come (provided I get around to taking them out of the safe).

4. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Nice "toys" TLynn..... where's the other pics ?.....

5. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Purple carpet? Are you nuts?? LOL

Sounds like my wife talking about me! :D

Nice rifles there, ma'am. :p

6. TLynn

Would you believe I got side tracked?

7. TLynn

I'll remedy that with a picture if I have time tomorrow after work BTK.

8. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Custom 7mm Rem Mag

&0's era Deer Gun of my Fathers. I'll get around to replacing that wide angle Redfield at some point...

I had a Block added into the forend to add an extra swivel for the Harris. The action is also Pillar Bedded and the Muzzle Brake was made by my 'smith. It really does cut the recoil of this one by half.

Needs to go in for a bluing soon. I live in a jungle

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

Who did the original work, bolt handle, barrel, bolt face, stock? Maybe a name on the barrel.

10. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

bbl stamp shows the FN stamp

11. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

Melbo-

I still have the remington 7mm Mag and the .222 bullets you gave me after we went deer hunting when I was 17. thank god you took me cause I got grandfathered on the gun safety class as a result of that outing. . Its in my gun safe as a memory of the first time I went deer hunting...and that was with you, your dad, and your brother.

12. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I took my first deer with a REm. model 788 .222. It was my first deer rifle, and my dad gave it to me. He cut down the stock, so it is a self-made "youth model" before there was such. It will be handed down to my daughter when she is ready to start hunting. The first time I took my wife deer hunting, she killed two with it.

13. BigUglyOne

BigUglyOne Monkey+++ Founding Member

I'll jump in. I have 2 long range rifles. A Savage FP LE2 and a Match AR made by J&T (Double Star). Both will put them in the same hole at 100 yards.

This is the Savage in .308. It has a Leatherwood 6.5-20 Mil dot scope on it
    100_0355__small__175.

14. BigUglyOne

BigUglyOne Monkey+++ Founding Member

This is the Critter Slayer in .223
    100_0255a__small__154.

15. TLynn

I've still yet to get out and take a really good picture of it like I've been meaning to but until I actually get around to it...my baby (there are more but this is the special one).

[​IMG]

Those who know me know this is my 22-250 hand built for me and now that it is finally broken in it shoots like a dream.

Now if I could just get out to the range some more...

BigUglyOne - nice guns you got there.

16. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

This would be my long, long range weapon .
    It's a 50 BMG that I kade back in the 80's .
    50_bmg_807.

17. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

When are you gonna make me one Cephus b::

18. E.L.

Here are a few of mine.

First up, a .300 Win. Mag Ruger M77 MARK II topped with a Leupold Vari-X III 4.5-14x50 mm Long Range.
    2006-01-28_022__medium__157. 2006-01-28_021__medium__944. 2006-01-28_023__medium__331.

19. E.L.

Next up, a Model 700 Remington .270 topped with a Simmons 3x9x50.
    2006-01-28_029__medium__180. 2006-01-28_030__medium__206.

20. E.L.

Here is a Daewoo DR200 (Korean civilian version of the K-2) in 5.56 topped with a cheap off brand rubber armored scope.
    2006-01-28_024__medium__124. 2006-01-28_025__medium__631. 2006-01-28_026__medium__120.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7