Leather Projects Thread

Discussion in 'Bushcraft' started by Brokor, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I decided to make a new thread to become the continuation of the previous, which was started only for knife sheaths.

This first project is a sewing kit. The sewing kit needs a wallet to organize my items.

DSC00035.JPG
    This kit was designed to be a tri-fold with a single heavy duty snap closure. I made some internal pockets for the needles and the waxed thread. I made it look older with some blue dye on the deer hide pockets. The rest of the wallet is dyed black. The components are as follows:

• Needle assortment (2 leather needles, 4 regular sewing needles various sizes)
    • Waxed thread
    • Standard thread on bobbin
    • Elastic cord

DSC00039.JPG DSC00036.JPG
    DSC00038.JPG DSC00037.JPG

I have the needles inside a plastic holder, and the pocket for them is velcro. The standard threaded bobbin is kept in place by a long Chicago screw fixed to the wallet, and I can easily remove the screw and then take the bobbin off, or leave it and use thread from where it is. I think it's a unique concept.

It isn't too thick or heavy, and I have extra room for adding any necessities later, like buttons or more needles.

2. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Awesome @Brokor .... nice job and well thought out... was just looking at some alligator pieces I picked up a while ago for a project... good inspiration ;)

Yard Dart, kellory and Brokor like this.
  1. Shinmen Takezo
  2. DKR
  3. Benjamin A. Wood
  4. Benjamin A. Wood
  5. Illini Warrior
  6. Motomom34
  7. Ganado
  8. Legion489
  9. Ganado
  10. Brokor
  11. plotdog99
  12. gcckoka
  13. Brokor
  14. Brokor
    Resource

Basic Leatherworking 2014-06-12

Enjoy. [img]
    Posted By: Brokor, Jun 12, 2014 in category: Wilderness Survival - Bushcraft
  15. Brokor
  16. survivalmonkey
  17. beast
  18. sticks65
  19. sticks65
  20. overbore
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7