Mosby Lead, Follow, or Get the Fuck Outta The Way!

Discussion in '3 Percent' started by survivalmonkey, Feb 24, 2024.

1. survivalmonkey

survivalmonkey Monkey+++

We’ve been driving a lot lately, between grocery runs to the city, and commuting around the county, running kids to 4H and other activities. Rather than chase sporadic radio service on the radio, my wife has been increasing the amount of random YouTube videos that I am exposed to. I’ve never spent a lot of time watching YT, but the more she’s exposed me to, the more I’ve realized, if you sift through the detritus, there’s some real gems to be found.

These videos we’ve been watching—or, to be more accurate, listening to—range from the gardening and random fitness and health stuff she likes, to the occasional preparedness or tactical training video that she plays to keep me paying attention. One of the recurring themes I’ve noticed of late, is one that seems to be common among my fellow SOF veterans, in discussions about why and how they continue to train. That theme is: “I’m training to fight myself, when I was operational!”

On one level, this absolutely makes sense. As a member of an elite SOF unit, probably in their twenties and early thirties, they were at the peak of their fitness and lethality. In addition to this, of course, they had the entire available resources of the US government behind them. That’s also the problem with the theme though:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/lead-...paign=postshare_creator&utm_content=join_link

Continue reading...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7