Kimber Solo Carry

Discussion in 'Range reports' started by techsar, Sep 7, 2015.

Tags:
  1. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

I was going to wait until we had been to the range, but figured I'd give a pre-range run down.
    Weapon was purchased purely for a backup role. 9mm, 6+1 capacity, although an 8 round mag is available (why?) that extends way out of the mag well. Defeats the purpose in my mind.
    Takedown, cleaning and reassembly is easy, but there are a couple of differences from a 1911 or Para. Must pull trigger to remove the slide, and have to line up the link hole, place the takedown pin in partway, then run the slide the rest of the way back and fully insert pin. Easy, just a bit different. Simple trigger bar makes for quick cleanup. Will fire with mag removed :) Ambi safety, ok sights, seems ergonomically well-designed. Mag release is quite stiff, but has already smoothed out some...it's ambidextrous, too.Trigger pull is a bit long, but is consistent and is 4 - 4.2 lbs.
    Side by side comparison to the S&W .380 Bodyguard shows the slid is half an inch longer, but nearly identical in width and height.
    More after rounds fly....

2. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Presuming your BUG is the same caliber, having the BUG accept a longer magazine means you have the ability to run magazines from your primary sidearm as well as the shorter BUG mag. [coo]

3. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Actually, it is my wife's BUG. Her EDC is a Kimber Ultra Carry II in .45 acp. Her call ;)

4. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

[OO] foosed biglaff [coo] [tongue]

5. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

The Solo is on my daughter's Xmas and bday list....looking forward to the range report!!

1. AgentPickle
  2. Navyair
  3. AgentPickle
  4. Oddcaliber
  5. hank2222
  6. Oddcaliber
  7. T. Riley
  8. hank2222
  9. AxesAreBetter
  10. Motomom34
  11. Motomom34
  12. AxesAreBetter