Keep Your Dr. Follow Up Appointments!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TXKajun, Mar 15, 2019.

1. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Yesterday, Thursday, I had my routine 3 month follow up visit with my retina doc. 3 years ago, he repaired a detached retina for me in my left eye. I had NO vision in it at all. Now, it's not perfect, but I can see pretty darn good out of it. It took a stay and operation in the hospital, a month face down butt up and a bubble in the eye that didn't totally go away for 3 months.He put me on a series of follow up visits every 3 months since then. I had one yesterday that I almost blew off. After all, it's been 3 years and no problem, right??

Well, there was a problem this time. A small tear in the retina of my right eye and the beginnings of another detached retina! YIKES! He had me stay until after clinic hours and then did a laser treatment/repair. It was definitely not something I want to do again, but it was tons better than what went on in my left eye. I've got a patch till tonight, cream to prevent infection another 3 days, then no heavy lifting or hard exertion for a long time. But, I can still see well out of the right eye when I remove the patch for a minute and it's taken care of. Follow up in 1 month,

He's probably going to put me on 3 month follow ups after that. You can be darn sure I'll make every one of them!

Kajun
    PS
    Last regular scheduled follow up with my cardiologist ended up in a 5 day hospital stay which probably saved my life....again by him.

2. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

I have a doctor appointment Monday early for a spinal cord stimulator for severe neuropathy pain in feet and legs. This will be a test for seven days to see if it will work. If everything goes well I’ll then go back after seven days and get the real thing.

3. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Best of luck, oldman11.

4. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Best for all of you Monkees looking at upcoming health procedures. I'm trying to gear up for myself. I feel like I've got to much to do to take the time off to do surgeries and recoveries.

5. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I've come to realize, getting old sucks when your warranty expires.
    It's even more fun when both you and the Missus' warranties expire just about the same time.

6. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

I worked with a women that had both retinas detached.. She don't know how it happened however she has eight weeks of laying on her face now..

7. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

My father had detached retinas in both eyes. In those days the repair technology wasn't so good. The repair left him with severely distorted vision, but at least he had some vision. He had some pretty bad eye problems most of his life, with 20 / 400 (legally blind) before his first retina detachment.

Gator 45/70, Dunerunner and TXKajun like this.
  8. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

My father got Lazik eye surgery late in life. The first eye was a disaster! Seems he had a bee sting cause damage in that eye in his childhood, and it played havoc with the Lazik. It took awhile before he got the other eye done. It went okay. When watching TV, he covered his bad eye. It really hampered his night driving too.

Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7