Just listened to SloJoe on Tv….

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by BTPost, Jun 2, 2022.

1. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

We’ll be lucky if it’s only 30%.

Dunerunner, mysterymet and 3M-TA3 like this.
  2. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

[​IMG]

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American.... [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.)

techsar, oldawg, Yard Dart and 7 others like this.
  3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Amen, sister! I agree with every word.

Absolutely! This needs to be thrown into the face of every individual, Left or Right, that spouts this nonsense!

I think we ALL need to make this decision deep in our hearts and understand the consequences of what that decision will mean because the crossroads is coming - soon. I don't believe I can give up my firearms. It's just not in me. Frankly, thinking about it, I can't even come up with a reason that would EVER make me do so. I hope they understand exactly what they are doing because I just CAN'T give them up. It would mean putting myself and family at the mercy of those that are evil and stronger than myself and will impose their will on me and mine. I CANNOT do it! I just can't and I pray to God they understand this and understand the consequences of their actions.

Here is a little something inspirational, to lighten the mood and instill in us motivation, hope and belief in ourselves: Braveheart - Motivational Speech - Inspirational Speech - William Wallace - HD Quality - YouTube

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Yesterday, I was watching the “Hearings in the US House on Gun Control” and I listen to one Demoncrate Senator expound on the fact that the Second only applies to the “Militia” which means the National Guard… according to him…and I thought “ Hmmm, Does this yahoo even know how the Militia is defined in Federal Statute?” So I looked it up… The US Militia is divided into two distinct Parts. Part 1 is the States National Guard that is under the authority of the States Governor, until such time it can be Federalized by the President, and when that happens, the Feds PAY and reimburse the State for ALL EXPENSES INCURRED… Part 2. is the unorganized State Militia which is ALL Males 17 years and older up to 45 years old, and is a Voluntary Outfit, which one can enlist in, when called up by the State Governor.. Again, it is a Volunteer Outfit that one must enlist in at the time of Call Up… Interesting, that this Senator Yahoo didn’t even know what he was expending Hot Air about…

Alf60, Minuteman, Dunerunner and 4 others like this.
  5. hot diggity

I'll have to see if I can find some of the debate coverage. Maybe I'll beat myself with a couple pieces of barbed wire too.

If the "militia" part of the Second Amendment was misunderstood, I wonder what they do to explain "...the right of the people..." Who do they think these people are? If these things are too much for them to grasp then their oath to protect the Constitution was just some words they repeated with their paw on some book in order to start getting a paycheck and a medical plan.

6. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Me too, but mine is just a 1 inch muzzle loader. Largest I could make on my current lathe.

Had a buddy way back when built a trench mortar that fired 18 lb bowling balls. THAT thing was a hoot!!! Always wanted one, but just never got around to it.

Dunerunner and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Virtually all politicians as well as regular citizens are unaware of the Unorganized State Militia that exists i believe in every State Constitution. Here is the section from Oregon's Constitution as an example - feel free to do a search for "yourstate constitution militia" and I bet you will find almost the exact same wording :

"The unorganized militia shall consist of all able-bodied residents of the state between the ages of 18 and 45 who are not serving in any force of the organized militia or who are not on the state retired list and who are or who have declared their intention to become citizens of the United States; subject, however, to such exemptions from military duty as are created by the laws of the United States. [1961 c.454 §5(1),(2),(3); 1989 c.361 §2; 2005 c.512 §3; 2017 c.472 §3]"

It is my contention that as a member of this militia, which reports to the Governor and may be activated at his or hers caveat, you are not only allowed access to firearms, ammunition, and magazines compatible with standard issue it is your civic duty to procure them.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
  8. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
    Dunerunner, Ura-Ki and hot diggity like this.
  9. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

The "National Guard" as we know it today began in 1903. Earlier militias have existed since 1636, but they are a different thing altogether.
    So, the Second Amendment applies to something not created until 127 years after the Founders wrote it?
    Makes NO sense to me.

10. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

The Constitution specifically the 2nd Amendment takes precedence over the National Guard argument the gun grabbing liberals try to use take my firearms.. The 2nd Amendment is no-negotiable "shall not" is pretty F-in clear

oldawg, enloopious and Ura-Ki like this.
  11. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Doesn't matter what the gun grabbing knuckleheads say about 2nd only for militias. SCOTUS already ruled, that the part of the 2nd Amendment that really matters is this: the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
    And who the heck needs a cannon, anyways? I mean, when a 9mm bullet can shoot a person's lung clear out of their body..... :eek::rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

12. enloopious

Tully Mars and Ura-Ki like this.
  13. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Couple years ago, I fired off close to 100 pounds of Holy Black through my Canon, was the most epic 4th party ever!

Doin my part for freedom!

oldawg, Yard Dart, Tully Mars and 4 others like this.
  14. enloopious

I got some estes model rockets and filled them up with black powder and then taped the top on. Talk about some fun. Huge golden explosions at a fraction of the price from the dealers.

Ura-Ki and Tully Mars like this.
  15. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

I know it does no good other than it helps my sanity ----- every other week I email the bidumb presidency giving my opinion on his destruction of this country----- was using ductile on my head but it was getting expensive ha ha

Ura-Ki and enloopious like this.
  16. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I was going through a custody battle in the late 90's. At that time being accused of belonging to a militia was akin to being accused of belonging to the communist party in the 50's.
    Her lawyer asked me "Isn't it true that you belong to a militia group?" I answered yes I do. He had a got ya grin and asked me what group I belonged to. I replied, the same one as you. He was taken aback. He stammered I don't belong to any militia group!. I said oh I'm sorry I assumed you were a US citizen, then I quoted the part about all males between 17 and 45. LOL
    Another thing it says is if called up you are to present yourself with your own arm and properly trained in its use. This is where the CMP (civilian marksmanship program) comes from. The government has to provide an "arm" to any citizen and train them in its use. I think they have discontinued some models but you used to be able to get a Garand an M1 Carbine and even a 1903 Springfield. Sent directly to you in the mail.

SB21, techsar, Ura-Ki and 3 others like this.
  17. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

A little more involved than that. It had club requirements, background check, shipping to an FFL, etc.

mysterymet, Ura-Ki and Tully Mars like this.
  18. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

I’ve had more than one shipped to the house. It’s probably been 5 years since my last Garand. No FFL needed, although there is a requirement for one in the case of surplus 1911s.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  19. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Yep, no FFL. Had to go to a local certified range and fire 20 rounds. The instructor would sign off and you sent that in with your payment. I never went through with it, found a deal on a Garand at a gun show for about the same price.

CraftyMofo and Ura-Ki like this.
  20. hot diggity

After I gathered up all my CMP required paperwork and went to Camp Perry to pick out a rifle I went to the window and the first question they asked was, "Retired military? What Service?" When I told them I was a retired Marine they shoved the rest of the paperwork back across the counter and said, "That's all we need."

When I couldn't get Anniston on the phone I called Camp Perry and found that they had what I was looking for. Three days later it was leaning against my front door when I got home. That was twenty years ago, but I haven't seen where anything has changed.

You can still mail order antique long guns through the mail, and you can still buy a cannon. ;)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7