Just In Time For Garden Season

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TXKajun, Mar 13, 2021.

1. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Two weeks ago, I mis-stepped and hurt my ankle. I figured it was a bad sprain, so I did the rest, ice, compression and elevation treatment for a week or so. Last Tuesday, I had an appointment with my Primary Care Physician who ordered an x-ray. Well, seems like I broke my leg bone just above the ankle. I saw an Ortho doc today who ordered a cast and will reevaluate next week for further treatment.
    And here I had been so looking forward to getting outside in our new place and starting some nice veggies. I'm hobbling around and can't get down low enough to dig a row and plant. Drat!!!

2. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Sorry about your stepping in a hole...no fun for sure. One of the reasons we've been switching to waist high beds around our place is that very thing....ease of working into old age.

[​IMG]

JrOrtiz, Yard Dart, TXKajun and 4 others like this.
  3. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Sorry to hear about your leg. I've had a similar situation,, early Nov. '19 ,, I needed to cut down a tree that was leaning towards the house ,, but another tree had limbs that would interfere with the direction i needed the tree to fall,, so i started cutting that tree down,, in the process ,, i broke my ankle ,, in Nov '20 ,, the original tree I wanted down, fell , barely missed the house ,, but smashed my daughters car . Sometimes life throws you bumbs ,, and some of them take longer to get around than others.

TXKajun, Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

[worthless]

TXKajun, Yard Dart and Dunerunner like this.
  5. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

@TXKajun Sorry about your injury and sending healing thoughts your way. My wife suffered a spiral fracture just above the ankle that required plates and screws, a cast for a couple months then a boot for a few more. She still has issues with intermittent pain and discomfort after 10 years. Heal quickly, my friend...

6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Sorry about that leg bone,You need that one too get around. Is there something out there that promotes speedy healing of bones?

TXKajun likes this.
  7. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

Man I feel your pain. I dropped a frozen 10# ground beef chub on my left foot, hit like a torpedo right where the toes meet the foot, about 3 months ago. Was three days before I could put any weight on it. Didn't get it looked at. Then a couple weeks ago I dropped a #10 dumbbell on the same foot, exact same place. Now I got pain radiating all across the top bones and into my ankle. Walking is a beyotch and I need to get potatoes planted like, now.

Comfrey is supposed to help bones knit fast.
    Try These 7 Teas That Help Repair Damaged Bones - Save Our Bones
    Bone Knitting Herbs: Natural And Herbal Remedies For Bone Knitting

JrOrtiz, TXKajun and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Made it to the orthopedic doc today. Fibula was broken just above my ankle, but not displaced. I've been wearing my boot for almost 2 weeks now and the pain is gone. The doc said to continue as I have been and come back in 3 weeks for an x-ray. Whew, I was afraid he was going to want to do something more invasive to it. :)

GOG, Gator 45/70, BTPost and 2 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7