I have an extensive quality Ham Radio collection that is for sale..

Discussion in 'Survival Communications' started by BTPost, Dec 23, 2022.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

TS-2000x plus. external Remote Control. Head. HF/VHF/UHF/1296mhz SOLD
    TS-B2000 including RC-2000 Remote Control Head Mobile version of Above SOLD
    TS-690sat. HF plus 6 meters includes internal Autotuner SOLD
    TS-450sat. HF same radio as above minus 6 meter. SOLD
    TS-480Hx HF 200Watt Mobile Radio no autotuner in the 200watt version. SOLD
    Extra Control head for above Mobile Radio SOLD
    TM-D710A Dualband 50 watt Mobile Transceiver w/ built in Packet/APRS SOLD
    Extra Control Head for Above. SOLD
    TM-D710GA same as above but later version with builtin GPS in Control Head SOLD
    Extra Control Head for above GPS version. SOLD
    SEA1612B Marine Autotuner. 2.0-25 Mhz 150Watt capable
    Dentron MT-3000 2Kw Manual Tuner 3.5-30Mhz. SOLD

All the above are fully operational, and opened up to each models full extent.. Most have HiStability Frequency Kit installed, and many have a full compliment of IF Filters… All the manuals for the above kenwood equipment are available from KenwoodUSA Support…

AlaskaChick has full Power of Attorney to conduct any and all sales of the above, which will liquidate
    my assets in Radio Systems…

2. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Would you recomend any of those for a newbie ??
    Easy to learn and use ?
    If so ,, what would your price be ?

Dunerunner and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. BTPost

the easiest to learn would be the TS-450… it is a full 100 Watt Rf output on all HF Frequencies… 12Vdc Dc input power..

QRZ.com is selling them used in the $500US Range these days…
    and about the same on eBay….

Dunerunner, Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  4. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I'm honestly not trying to waste your time ,, have been interested in learning HAM for a while ,, just havent had time . May be getting some with the economy tanking .
    What kind of antenna would I need for the ts-450 ? ,, and , is this a mobile type system , or base ,, as a base system ,, I'm living in a kind of gully ,, bottom of the hill ,, so getting an antenna above the trees at the top of the hill is not an option ,, may not be able to get them above my trees ,, what is your feelings on this situation ? A while back ,, I did a little research and there is a ,, I think its called ,, a repeater station/ tower 5 -10 miles as the crow fly's from my AO .

Thanks for your time ,,
    God Bless ,,

Dunerunner and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. BTPost

This is an HF Radio, and hills have much less effect than Vhf and Uhf Radios. This Radio has “Round the world” communications ability with 100 watts of output Power.. a Dipole Antenna strung 20 ft above the ground will allow most HF Comms with this radio..

6. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

SB21, the 450 is a great starter radio. You will have to take a technician and general test (and pass) to talk on it. An HF radio is well suited to your situation as almost any antenna configuration sends the signal up in a V pattern, allowing comms over a much farther range. Having one to listen to is also a good incentive to study for the license.

7. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

A few years ago, I used a TS-450s at field day, and it worked well nice radio.

[​IMG]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7