Human composting for the garden

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by johnbb, Jan 5, 2023.

1. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

I'm listening to the radio yesterday and they had a story it was now legal to compost human bodies in New York along with several other States. I don't think I want to grow my vegetables with composted grandma --how about you
    Could not believe it so did a web search --sure enough
    "In 2019, Washington was the first US state to legalise it. Colorado, Oregon, Vermont and California followed suit. New York is therefore the sixth American jurisdiction to allow human composting, following Saturday's stamp of approval from Kathy Hochul, the state's Democratic governor.4 days ago"

Where is society going

2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Hell No!!! Nothing is sacred anymore!!!

Cruisin Sloth and Dunerunner like this.
  3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

That says it all!!

Cruisin Sloth and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Can solent green be far behind?

Minuteman and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. Dunerunner

Or... Ain't nothin' fit to eat!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2023
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Uhm, weren't all of our ancestors composted prior to the invention of coffins?

7. Dunerunner

Yea, but that was intended to limit disease. I doubt anyone thought to plant crops in the grave yard.

Gator 45/70 and johnbb like this.
  8. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Could not find where humans were composted in the past ---seems to have started in a liberal State (Washington) and expanding to other liberal States. Guess it's part of the let's go green movement

Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  9. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

We burry the dead or burn them for good reason, imagine what happens when Ground Up Granny starts getting ripe in the garden, what is being released into the soil and the water, This will not end well! Those who think running Granny through the wood chipper and spreading her all over before tilling her under is a great idea are fuckin stupid beyond measure! We really are our own worst enemy allowing this to happen!

3M-TA3, Kamp Krap, sec_monkey and 3 others like this.
  10. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

This is why Kingfish moved me into rabbits !!
    great fertilizer.

Gator 45/70, Dunerunner and Ura-Ki like this.
  11. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

.. .. Sir Ura-Ki is korrekt agin .. ..

.. .. dere is all kinds of hazmat bein released into da soil n da water .. .. heavy metals .. .. [loco] medications Grandma wuz on .. .. includin opiods .. .. legal n illegal stuff .. .. diseases .. ..

.. .. dis is a reel bad idea .. ..

.. .. we has been buildin underground tombs or puttin da departed underground [ wid n widout coffins ] fer thousands uv years [ guessin about 7,000 plus plus years uv known history ] .. .. as a species we figured out dog gone quick diseases wuz a yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge problem .. ..

Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

All corpses return to the environment eventually. THIS is not about "the environment". This is about dehumanizing people by turning us into product. Once this is normalized then we will be further dehumanized. Too old to be useful? Time to die. Save the environment by processing the dead directly into food? Time to Soylent. If we can eat the dead then what about the tasty looking?

He who was given dominion over the Earth must be shit giggling at the possibilities to see just how much more depraved Man can become.

13. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

No one seems to remember the saying "Pushing up daises".

14. Dunerunner

But, nobody ate them!!

mysterymet and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7