hughesnet.com

Discussion in 'Survival Communications' started by stg58, May 11, 2013.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Real time reviews?

Satellite Internet, HughesNet Gen4 High-Speed Satellite Internet Provider

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    HughesNet® is the high-speed Internet solution that's available to everyone in the contiguous United States with a clear view of the southern sky. HughesNet uses satellite technology, not your phone line, to give you a super-fast, always-on Internet connection. HughesNet gets you online instantly, lets you surf and open pages faster, and allows you to download files in a fraction of the time it takes on a dial-up modem.

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I have a HughesNet Link, here, that the Cannery used for a couple of years.... They dropped it 2 years ago, as they were always exceeding the Allowed bandwidth, and getting FRAPPED. It now is relegated to Hot Standby Mode, if our Main IP Link dies... I found that Starband works well for My Neighbors and I. I have two Starband IP Links, that have been up, using various Modems, since they started their SAT based IP Service. My Results... YMMV.....

3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

In a previous life, company I worked at used hughesnet. over limit bandwidth charges were killing us. plus 6hr connection resets were quite problematic for a business.

We abandoned it after a couple of years as we were able to get a pair of T1 connections to the plant.

My opinion, they suck unless you can't get anything else, then they are great.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7