How do I post photos?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sdr, Dec 24, 2017.

1. sdr

sdr Monkey++

I'll admit I'm not very tech savvy. But I assume even I should be able to post pics somehow. Do I really need to find the image URL?

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

@sdr
    You need the image URL for pix located on the web. If you have a shot on your computer, you can insert it directly (copy/paste) or by attachment sorta depending on how you roll. Upload a file works fine for that, below the text box you are working in. You might want to experiment with a test thread here.
    Technical

sec_monkey likes this.
  3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

if it's on your machine, you can use the Upload a File button, find it on your computer in the window that pops up.
    once it's uploaded, you can select full image and it will embed it.
    ic_launcher.

sec_monkey and chelloveck like this.
  4. sdr

sdr Monkey++

Thanks guys. Think I have it figured out

ghrit likes this.
  5. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

ya can add a pic if ya know the URL n the URL is linkable, some URLs are not linkable

type in [ img ]pic URL[ /img] remove the spaces

or click the pic icon in the toolbar above every post box

or ya can go here Media | Survival Monkey Forums

Click the Add Media button

Select Create An Album from the drop down box

fill in the boxes n click Create Album

then click below to upload the pic or pics

plus in some cases ya can drag n drop a pic into the forum from yer PC however that might not always work correctly

(y) :)

6. Lone Gunman

Lone Gunman Draw Varmint!

The easiest way to post a photo on the web is to sign up with a third party photo sharing service and use their website to both store and publish your photos. (Use only the photos that you want published.) One of the largest photo publishing services is 'Imgur'. (Which might be a little too sophisticated for a beginner — Maybe!) Personally, I prefer to use 'PostImages.org'. Here's a list of the top photo hosting and publishing sites on the WWW.

The Top 11 Free Image Hosting Sites for Sharing Photos

Pick one of the online image hosting services, and go with it. Simply follow the site's instructions for uploading and sharing your photos.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    Ganado likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7