How a Ponzi Scheme Works

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by enloopious, Nov 11, 2022.

1. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

The video below talks about how the huge crypto collapse of FTT and FTX is going down right now. He lays out how this is the largest Ponzi scheme in history and how it affected large investors all over the world.

Then he compares that to the fiat currency being used all over the world and shows how they are ALSO going to 0.

VisuTrac likes this.
  2. duane

duane Monkey+++

Yep, 40 year loans on $500.000 houses at local credit union at fixed rate. What could possibly go wrong in next 40 years? Or shares in company that has never broken even and has no real assets. Hang on to your hats.

enloopious and sec_monkey like this.
  3. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

The S&L collapse was caused by home loans at low interest rates for 30 years at a time of runaway inflation (Carter years)
    Everything old is new again, and I'm getting tired of this shit.

oldawg, enloopious, Dont and 2 others like this.
  4. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Well, wonder if those that had assets on the exchange can write off additional 3k worth of capital losses for the next 30 years. ;)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
  5. enloopious

People will never wake up until it becomes painful for themselves. This is why UBI is mandatory. They will just sleep through ww3 and the apocalypse.

VisuTrac likes this.
  6. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

It gets worse. FTX got 'hacked' and 600MM of crypto was siphoned off the exchange.
    Binance reported that they have 40% of their balance sheet in the coins they themselves created (ala FTX -> FTT)

This is going to wreck a shit ton of people. Wonder when the jumpers start taking the leap off tall buildings in Silicon Alley

mysterymet likes this.
  7. enloopious

LOL yeah no inside job there. How have they not folded the company yet? the guy was a snake oil sales man from way back... he even got Fortune to write an article about him titled "The next Warren Buffett?" That's all it really takes. Easy to do. He even gave an interview once where he described his company as a Ponzi scheme and nobody cared.

VisuTrac and mysterymet like this.
  8. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

I invest in coins all the time. The shiny physical kind of coins. It isn’t that I don’t trust people running these funds at all. Its just that I don’t trust them any farther than I can throw them and I am not a big person.

9. enloopious

10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

If one kept the B-Coins in their local device, then they only have to worry when they sell (convert) to fiat… Where all these Richy-Richs got in trouble is putting their faith & trust in outfits that had no Backup Asset Security, and never did other that “Trust Me I am a Big Deal in Crypto-Currency” (Snake Oil Scum-Bag) If you hold your own B-Coin, then you only lose on the presumed value of your B-Coin, if that drops, but you can also catch the rise of you B-Coin as well…

11. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I can take care of MY money better than almost anyone else, and I sure don't have to worry about me stealing from myself! I can also spend or not spend MY money better than anyone else, including the Federal Government! The folks that fall for this kinda sh*t are some combination of lazy, stupid, and greedy, plus they think they are special/smarter than everyone else! A fool and his money are soon parted...the problem is that fools don't know that they're fools!

12. enloopious

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7