Hospital cyber attach

Discussion in 'Politics' started by johnbb, May 11, 2024.

1. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Ascension's has 140 hospitals nation wide was hit by a cyber attach my son is head of the pharmacy in one of the hospital and his wife is a pediatric pharmacist. Just talked to her and it has been chaos the last week and still not back to normal all computers are down. My son has been at work nonstop they have had to go back to old school paper orders, charts etc. They have young nurses who are lost without the computers. Reliance on computers will be the doom of our society --my kids think I'm crazy for hating computers and I phones

Zimmy and duane like this.
  2. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

They really need to make the punishment act as a deterrent for these crimes. Yeah, I am saying increase the punishment and go after these criminals no matter what countries they are in.

duane likes this.
  3. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Are you sure the attack is not a result of a CME that just occurred?

Zimmy and duane like this.
  4. cpaspr

cpaspr Monkey+++

Sounds like it's been all week, and the CME is this weekend.

5. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

We’re finally at a KP 8 but still have 4 more CME’s to go.

6. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Pretty sure it was not a CME been going on for a week

7. OzVegus

OzVegus Monkey

One bright spot for us little users, the hackers simply ignore us. Of course if you use web banking etc you are exposed. I still use phone banking between accounts which is handy and pay my bills at the local post office, sometimes by card, sometimes by cash. If I go to town to pay bills I always make sure I have the cash on hand just in case.

I bought a new phone last week and the total tab was over a grand, the little owner operator business woman and I had talked a lot about cash and how necessary it was etc etc, then when it came time to pay she slid the card reader across to me and I pulled out a bunch of $100 bills. She was very surprised, said "no one usually carries that much cash around" I just smiled, she talks one thing and acts another obviously.

Zimmy likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7