Hello.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Tjb61, Jun 11, 2023.

1. Tjb61

Tjb61 Monkey

Hello everyone. I just joined today and I'm very glad I found this site. I was in the military for 20 years and retired from that in 2001. However I continue to work in the civilian world. I have been prepping for a little while but I am by no means an expert at being a prepper. Hoping to learn more and share as I can. I look forward to sharing ideas with everyone as well as expanding my prepping skills and preparation.

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Welcome to our Monkey Tree… Pick yourself out a branch and have a look around… Lots of great information in the forums… and lots of good Folks hang’en around in the tree… again welcome…

Tjb61 likes this.
  3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Hi there, Tjb61, and WELCOME! You will find lots of prior service folks here, to include myself, did 8 years (Army) then went DoD contracting around the world supporting the services and intel community for the next 32 years. I final got back stateside eight years ago (2015), must admit that I am not too happy at what I found. Nevertheless, that's a discussion for a different time... You will find a very good mix of folks here with lots of different skills sets. Do not be afraid to ask for assistance or even opinions as that's the main purpose of this site, to share experience and knowledge and there's a hell'va lot of it here. What's was your background in the military?

Tjb61 likes this.
  4. Capt. Tyree

Capt. Tyree Hawkeye

Welcome Tjb61. Grew up in the Army, and served active duty in the USAF. Now retired from everything except paying taxes and trying to stay healthy. Great people on this site with fountains of good info, though an occasion squirrel will sometimes join the party. Take from it what you will, and leave the rest as mildly entertaining.(y)

Tjb61 likes this.
  5. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Welcome to our little carve-out of the internet! Glad you are here!

Tjb61 likes this.
  6. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Welcome to the tree ,,, I may be the squirrel Capt. Tyree mentioned earlier ,, or just the nut the squirrel seeks ,,, :ROFLMAO: ,,, either way ,, don't forget to share your experience with us as well ,, everyone has their strong points.

Tjb61 likes this.
  7. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Welcome to the tree from another military retiree, although I've now been retired a few more years than the twenty I did in uniform. I'm reminded of my service daily, but I'd do it all again in a heartbeat. Maybe I could be a little more careful with my foot placement. :unsure:

I'm no techno whiz, and feel more comfortable with old things, but if I can navigate the search feature I bet you can handle it. Loads of good info archived here. If you can't find something or have questions, there's rarely a time when somebody won't be a couple branches away with advice.

The tree is a very comfortable place to hang out.

Tjb61 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7