Hello from S. Indiana

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LHCB, Mar 6, 2016.

1. LHCB

LHCB Monkey

Hello everyone! I've been looking at your link on HandloadersBench for a couple of years, not realizing what I was seeing. I've been a prepper all my life, but now have an extended family to worry about. The wife finally realizes I'm not as crazy as she thought, and is on board 100%. At the moment we're behind the power curve, but gaining ground quickly, can't wait to read all the threads here, I expect to learn alot.

kellory, timberwolf50, GOG and 3 others like this.
  2. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Welcome to our little world @LHCB .. This tree has a lot of monkeys with a lot of diverse knowledge to share..

kellory and GOG like this.
  3. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Welcome!

My company's travels took me to S Indiana about 3 years ago, Terre Haute neck o' the woods to a coal mining operation (actually about an hour drive south of Terre Haute). Definitely lots of woods there, something this old open country desert rat doesn't see much of.

Anyway, have a look around. Then hang around. Happy to have you.

GOG likes this.
  4. LHCB

LHCB Monkey

Thanks Dont and Altoidfishfins,
    I'm about 1 hour south of Terre Haute, so it must have been one of the local mines.

GOG likes this.
  5. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

...owned by Peabody - can't remember the name off the top - something about a horse

GOG likes this.
  6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Nice that you joined @LHCB glad your wife is on board with getting prepared. It will certainly make things easier when you can work as a team.

GOG likes this.
  7. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[welcomeLG]

GOG likes this.
  8. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Welcome!

GOG likes this.
  9. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Welcome from the great State of Jefferson.

10. timberwolf50

timberwolf50 Just be practical Banned

Hi LHCB, I am a newbie myself. Prepping is always a good thing. You never know what will happen. It does not have to be end of the world type thing. That said. Others may disgree with you on prepping. Don't take it personal. If it works for you that is all that matters. I am not a prepper. I am a bushcraft-man. Meaning I could live in the wild low maintenance. Knife flint or fire steel. I think we can all learn from each other. Look up Ray Mears on youtube he taught me alot. Welcome and hope this helps you in some way. God bless, cause God is the best survival tool. Carry knowledge cause it weight nothing -- Ray Mears.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  11. weaselhawk

weaselhawk Guest

im from around bloomington indiana. how do you do. this is a good area i feel

IMG_20160512_042424.

12. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Stay and be welcome. The pool of knowledge in the shade of the monkey tree, is both wide and deep. Come on in, the water's fine.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7